Happy Monday! We had such a nice weekend! How was yours? I took the kids to the park, switched their summer clothes out for pants and sweatshirts, filled a bin for our garage sale next summer, cleaned the patio doors (that I could hardly see out of) and made some of this delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. For those of you who are regular readers of my blog, I’m not a huge fan of fruit. I basically eat it because I have to. 🙂 I trick myself into eating it by “hiding” it in recipes like this one.
So, although I’m a die hard veggie girl, this bread was sure something else. Sweet, moist, full of little bursts of chocolate. . .who knew I had thrown some bananas in there! Okay, okay, you could still taste the banana, but it was subtle. I used two bananas in my bread. I suppose if you really like banana, you could use three. Whatever makes your skirt fly up as I heard one of my blogging friends say. Just go and make this. You won’t be sorry.
I apologize for only one photo. It sure isn’t like me, I know. The truth of the matter is I had two little children whining for the bread as soon as I pulled it out of the oven. They just weren’t about to sit and wait for a photo shoot to take place. So, in other words, life happened. I cut the bread, took a couple pictures and it was gone. Devoured. If you make it, you’ll know why. Here’s the recipe!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups white granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the sugar and butter until crumbly.
- Add the eggs, the bananas, vanilla and sour cream.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda ,baking powder and salt.
- Stir the dry mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and transfer to the loaf pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until baked through.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.