This is the jackpot of all chicken recipes right here. If you love the zip of balsamic and the freshness of herbs and tomatoes, you need to make this chicken ASAP. I know it’s getting to the end of summer, but my basil is still going strong and I’m just not ready to give up the grill for the oven. That will come soon enough!
Let me introduce you to the ingredients of this wonderful dish. You, of course, need chicken breasts. Then round up some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, tomatoes, sliced mozzarella, minced garlic and basil leaves (see my plant in the back?). I’m so proud of that little plant. This is the first summer I attempted to grow some fresh herbs and I’ve succeeded with the basil. I’m hoping that it lasts once I bring it indoors, come fall.
Grilled Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken
4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
Fresh mozzarella cheese slices (1 slice for each piece of chicken)
Balsamic Topping for Chicken
4-5 Roma tomatoes (diced)
3 teaspoons minced garlic (or 3 cloves fresh)
10 basil leaves (thinly sliced)
3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat your grill.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a bowl.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, for the chicken topping, combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, pinch of salt and balsamic vinegar. Toss until the balsamic mixture covers all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Spray the grill with cooking spray and put your chicken on to cook.
- Brush the top of the chicken breast with the balsamic mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and flip the chicken.
- Brush the other side with the balsamic mixture and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until juices run clear. During the last 4 minutes place a generous slice of mozzarella over each chicken breast and allow it to melt over the edges of the chicken.
- Place chicken breasts onto a serving tray or plate and spoon over the balsamic topping.