The countdown to Halloween is ON! I’ve been busy finishing up some last minute decorating outside of the house and the kids have been trying their costumes on. . . almost every night. We’ve been having fun carving our pumpkins and creating some Halloween treats. In a trip to the grocery store the other day, the kids spotted TruMoo Orange Scream Milk. Have you seen it? It’s so much fun!
We decided to make something cool and delicious out of it! This Orange Screamsicle Sherbet is the perfect ending to any spooky meal! The orange creamsicle taste is electrified by some tart crushed pineapple and then perfectly sweetened to make a simple sherbet that requires only 5 ingredients! Oh, and some pieces of candy corn for garnish!
You start by heating the milk in a saucepan. Once you see bubbles start to form around the edges of the pan, remove the milk from the heat and set the pan aside to allow the milk to cool to room temperature. The kids and I didn’t have enough patience for that so we threw a potholder outside on our patio table and set the pan out there.
Not to worry, it’s cool enough here already that the bugs have vanished! There will be no flies in our sherbet. However, that may make it a bit more spooky. . . and maybe just a bit less appetizing. 🙂
Alright, enough with the bug humor. In a separate, large bowl, mix the orange juice and sugar. Stir in the cooled milk and transfer to a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
Set it in the freezer until it starts to get a bit slushy. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and start whisking it – add the pineapple and the juices until well-combined. Return to the loaf pan and freeze.
In just a couple hours, you’ll have this:
Throw a candy corn or two on top and enjoy! This is such a simple treat that both adults and children will enjoy! So when you’re finished with your tricks on Halloween night, grab a spoon and enjoy this delicious frozen treat!
Ready to join the TruMoo craze? Make sure to follow TruMoo on Pinterest and Facebook, then visit their website for more delicious TruMoo Halloween recipes and fun!
- 2 cups TruMoo Orange Scream Milk
- 1 cup 2% or whole white milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ cups orange juice
- 16 ounces unsweetened crushed pineapple
- Candy corn for garnish
- In a saucepan, heat the white milk and TruMoo milk until you see bubbles start to form around the edges of the pan.
- Remove the milk from the heat and set the pan aside to allow the milk to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate, large bowl, mix the orange juice and sugar.
- Stir in the cooled milk and transfer to a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and start whisking it - add the pineapple and the juices until well-combined.
- Return to the loaf pan and freeze.
- Garnish with candy corn when serving.