Chocolate Kiss Snowball Cookies
Classic, buttery cookies with a chocolate center and dusting of powdered sugar. They will melt in your mouth!
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies 1x
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Milk chocolate kisses
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat over to 375º Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, and vanilla together until fluffy.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add walnuts and mix until well-blended.
- Chill dough until cold (over-chilled dough will not work well).
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of dough.
- Flatten the dough and place a chocolate kiss into the center of the dough “circle.”
- Wrap the edges of the dough around the kiss and form into a ball. Follow this method for all cookies.
- Place cookies onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Cool 2-3 minutes and then transfer cookies to wire racks.
- Cool completely and roll in powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe yields at least 3 dozen cookies.