Easter Bunny Donuts
These simple “dressed up” iced donuts are the perfect Easter dessert. Cake balls, donut holes and sweets help create these festive bunny treats.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 bunnies 1x
For the Front of the Bunnies
- Place pink cake balls in the middle of two vanilla iced donuts.
- Affix candy eyeballs to donuts with a small amount of frosting.
- Use the food coloring pen to draw whiskers and a wink eye expression.
For the Ears
- Cut the ends off of 2 jumbo marshmallows using a kitchen shears, creating 4 “ears.”
- Add pink standing sugar to the sticky side of the 4 ears.
- Push a toothpick halfway into the bottom end of the ears and attach them to the donuts with the other end of the toothpick.
- Gently fold the marshmallows to create the look of an ear.
For the Backs of the Bunnies
- Place a powdered donut hole in the middle of the two remaining vanilla iced donuts.
- To prepare ears, cut the ends off of 2 jumbo using a kitchen shears.
- Push a toothpick halfway into the bottom end of the ears and attach them to the donuts with the other end of the toothpicks.
For the Feet
- To make the feet, cut the ends off of the last 2 jumbo marshmallows using a kitchen shears.
- Push an M&M and 4 pink Sixlets onto the sticky side of each foot.
- Using toothpicks, secure them to the donuts creating the feet.
When making the cake balls from the Cake Pops recipe, add a couple drops of pink food coloring to the melted white chocolate after completing step #8 in the Cake Pops recipe.