Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Easy and delicious homemade chicken noodle soup filled with fresh vegetables and lots of flavor! The whole family is going to love this recipe!
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 72 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
- Sauté celery, carrots, garlic and onions in butter for about 7 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir intermittently.
- While vegetables are sautéing, in a separate pan, heat olive oil and cook chicken breast with pepper, salt, oregano, and basil for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a pot, add chicken broth and cooked noodles (keep noodles separate and add to individual bowls if you don’t plan to eat all the soup in one sitting). Then add chicken and vegetables.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes prior to serving.
Keep the noodles separate and add to individual bowls if you don’t plan to eat all the soup in one sitting.