Grilled Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken
Grilled chicken breasts covered with a flavorful bruschetta, brushed with balsamic and smothered with mozzarella cheese.
- 4–5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Fresh mozzarella cheese slices (1 slice for each piece of chicken)
- Sea salt
Balsamic Topping for Chicken
- 4–5 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (or 3 cloves fresh)
- 10 basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Preheat your grill.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a bowl.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, for the chicken topping, combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, pinch of salt and balsamic vinegar. Toss until the balsamic mixture covers all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Spray the grill with cooking spray and put your chicken on to cook.
- Brush the top of the chicken breast with the balsamic mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and flip the chicken.
- Brush the other side with the balsamic mixture and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until juices run clear. During the last 4 minutes place a generous slice of mozzarella over each chicken breast and allow it to melt over the edges of the chicken.
- Place chicken breasts onto a serving tray or plate and spoon over the balsamic topping.