Halloween Swirl Brownies
Rich and fudgy chocolate and cream cheese layered brownies featuring a spooky Halloween green swirl!
For the Brownie Layer
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
For the Cream Cheese Layer
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- Add in the eggs, oil, vanilla and water and mix until combined.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- To create the cream cheese layer, add cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla to a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add the drops of green food coloring and mix well.
- Carefully spread mixture over top of brownie batter.
- Drizzle the brownie batter that you had set aside over top of the cream cheese layer.
- Using a knife, gently swirl the layers and colors together. Taking care not to over-swirl.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving.