Pumpkin Mug Cake
A quick and easy microwave pumpkin mug cake. Topped with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick, this is the ultimate simple fall dessert!
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream for garnish, optional
- Sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon sticks for garnish, optional
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into greased mug (at least 16 ounces) or two greased mugs (around 8 ounces).
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds (90 seconds) – 2 minutes depending on size of mug(s).
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Lay a piece of paper toweling under the mug in the microwave as a precaution to catch any over-spill. If the cake bubbles up over the mug, the mug was a bit too small for the entire recipe. Split the recipe into two smaller mugs or use a larger “soup” mug.