- Make your perfume scent last longer by applying Vaseline to your pulse points before spritzing on your favorite fragrance.
- Stretch your favorite lotion by adding some Vaseline to it.
- Help your baby avoid irritation from drooling by applying a little Vaseline to their chin
- Prevent stuck on nail polish caps by rubbing some Vaseline on the neck of the polish bottle.
- Remove stains from linen napkins by putting a little Vaseline on the stain before you wash it.
- Prevent uneven tanning by adding a small dab of Vaseline to any dry skin spots before applying sunless tanner.
- Create your own lipgloss by finishing off your lipstick application with a thin coat of Vaseline or create your own using a mixture of Kool-Aid powder and Vaseline.
Bonus Vaseline Tip for the Fall: With Halloween just a few months away, keep this tip in mind. Rub Vaseline on the exposed edges of your carved pumpkins to help it from going dry or rotting.
Bonus Vaseline Tip for the Winter: With the cooler weather that will soon be upon us, apply Vaseline to your kids’ cheeks and nose before you send them outside to play. It protects against wind burn and dry, red, irritated cheeks!
NEVER USE VASELINE TO. . .remove ticks. It doesn’t work. In fact, irritating the tick may cause it to regurgitate its stomach contents into your child’s blood, increasing the risk of infection. For more on this topic, click here to read an article from BabyCenter.com.