With all of the comfort food dishes I’ve been making lately, this Brown Sugar Salmon was definitely a welcome change. Seafood just tends to be a lighter and healthier option, and I try my best to incorporate it into our meal plans at least once or twice a week.
This is my go-to recipe for salmon each and every time I make it. I’ve been making it this way for the last six years and I just have no desire to prepare it any other way. I’ve made it numerous times for dinner parties we’ve had and our guests often comment that it’s the best salmon they’ve ever tasted.
The marinade gives the salmon a lovely sweetness that I just can’t get enough of and it’s SUPER simple to prepare. I purchase my salmon fillets from Sam’s Club. The fillets are skinless and come frozen individually in the bag.
I prefer my salmon fillets with the skin already off. I think it just gives the fish a fresher taste and the preparation is quick and easy.
Here’s what you’ll need to do make this amazing salmon:
Start by seasoning the salmon to taste with the lemon pepper, garlic powder and salt.
In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce, water and oil until sugar is dissolved. Place the seasoned fillets in a Ziploc bag, pour in the marinade mixture, seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil and make a few slits through the foil with a knife to allow juices to drain while cooking. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and place your fillets on the broiler pan. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Then move the fillets to an upper rack in the oven and broil on high for 5 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Brown Sugar Salmon
Quick, easy, and delicious is all you need to know for this amazing Salmon dinner.
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 1/2 lbs. salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Lemon pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Season the fillets to taste with the salt, lemon pepper and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce, water and oil until sugar is dissolved.
- Put the seasoned fillets into a Ziploc bag, pour in the marinade mixture, seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil and make a few slits through the foil with a knife to allow juices to drain while cooking. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place your fillets on the broiler pan and discard the leftover marinade. Place the fillets into your preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Then move the fillets to an oven rack close to the broiler and broil on high for an additional 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.