My husband has been home a couple days this week which means I actually get to cook. Normally, if he’s traveling it’s just the kids and I, so we keep things simple and I make their favorites. Alright, who am I kidding? I always like to keep it simple, and this recipe is like all of the rest on my blog – quick, simple and delicious.
This is really a one-dish wonder in my book. I normally serve this with a side of rice and call it good. Why mess with a good thing?
Start by spraying a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Then, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them in the baking pan.
Isn’t this the easiest recipe ever? Here comes the fun part. Throw on your crushed crackers, spreading them evenly over the chicken breasts and top the crackers with the broccoli florets.
Cheddar Broccoli Chicken
This is really a one-dish wonder in my book. I normally serve this with a side of rice and call it good. Why mess with a good thing? Here’s what you’ll need to make the chicken:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 cup crushed garlic Ritz crackers
- 8 oz. fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a bowl whisk milk and cheddar cheese soup together
- Grease and place chicken in a casserole dish – season with salt and pepper
- Pour soup over the chicken, and sprinkle the following on top – ritz crackers, broccoli, and cheddar cheese
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes