I have to admit, I’m kind of a pushover when the kids ask for treats. If they come to me before dinner I’ll usually offer them a piece of fruit, and believe it or not, they usually take me up on it. I don’t know about you but when I see my kids eating fruit I do a secret little happy dance inside my head. Now, after dinner is a different story. Fruit just doesn’t cut it. They’re looking for a “real” dessert. And me? Well, I’m looking for something delicious that doesn’t take me hours to prepare.
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites take just minutes to whip up and they’re awesome to just eat alone, throw into your ice cream or hide inside of cupcakes for a decadent surprise!
Since the recipe doesn’t call for eggs, it’s absolutely safe to eat in raw form. These bites are MEANT to eat in raw form.
Most of the ingredients, you probably already have in your pantry.
When I started rolling the dough, I even poured a few extra chocolate chips into a bowl and rolled the bites through the chips. . .just for good measure, of course.
I looked at them on the cookie sheet and I thought, “Boy, these look kind of plain.” So, I got out my Wilton Candy Melts, and started dunking each one into some melted chocolate.
Now we’re getting somewhere. It took me only a few minutes to dip the bites into the chocolate. Once the chocolate hardened a bit, I threw all of the bites into the fridge for about an hour.
Let me just say that the kids LOVED these, the neighbor boy loved these, my hubby loved these, and, of course, so did I. Such a simple treat and so easy to throw together. I adore the smaller portions and they’re just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy the kids after dinner!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Egg-free cookie dough bites bursting with chocolate chips – perfect for snacking or adding to ice cream or cupcakes!
- Yield: 20 1x
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Optional: Wilton Candy Melts for dipping bites
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Mix in the vanilla and milk.
- Add the flour and salt until well mixed and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-inch bites, dip in melted chocolate (optional) and place onto a parchment paper-lined pan or cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the bites to harden.
- Remove from fridge 15-30 minutes before serving to allow the bites to soften and enjoy!
- When rolling the bites, you can also roll them in some extra chocolate chips if you wish so there are chips on the outsides of the bites as well as the insides!
- Calories: 2431
- Sugar: 245
- Sodium: 670
- Fat: 110
- Saturated Fat: 69
- Unsaturated Fat: 33
- Trans Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 345
- Protein: 19
- Cholesterol: 258