As you may already know, being a Wisconsin gal and all, I’m a big fan of dairy products. I am a complete cheese-head, and proud of it. My kids drink so much milk, we should really just have a cow in the backyard (not sure what we’d do with her in the winter). You’ll find squeaky cheese curds on the food table of every party I throw. And in my cooking, well, cheese is a staple.
This Crispy Cheddar Chicken is scrumptious – flavorful and moist with a creamy sauce spooned over the top and garnished with parsley. Sooooo good. My family never complains when this chicken is on the menu. This recipe isn’t new, you may have seen it around. I’ve just doctored it up a bit, using more garlic in my recipe. The Ritz crackers I use are garlic butter flavored and I use garlic pepper rather than the standard black. If you’re not a garlic lover, go back to regular Ritz crackers and black pepper. Regardless, this recipe will still end up in your “keeper” box!
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
This Crispy Cheddar Chicken is scrumptious – flavorful and moist with a creamy sauce spooned over the top and garnished with parsley.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Garlic Butter Ritz crackers (2 packs)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt to taste
- Garlic pepper to taste
- Dried parsley to sprinkle over chicken and use for garnish on top of sauce
- 1 10 oz. can of Campbells Cream of Chicken soup
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the Ritz crackers into a Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. You could also use a food processor for this step.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking pan by spraying it with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Put the milk, cheese, and cracker crumbs into three separate small pans.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the milk, pat a good amount of the cheese onto each breast and then coat with the cracker crumbs.
- Put the chicken breasts into the 9×13 inch baking pan and sprinkle the breasts with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the soup, sour cream, and butter until the sauce is hot. Spoon a bit of sauce over each chicken breast and garnish with a bit more parsley.