Tomorrow is my son’s birthday. He’s going to be five! We already had celebrated with family and friends a couple weeks ago with a carnival-themed party. So, tomorrow, it’s just the four of us and he requested rainbow sprinkle cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Done.
This is one of the easiest, most decadent vanilla buttercream frostings you can make and it only calls for four ingredients. Whip some up for your next special occasion. It will definitely become your “go-to” recipe for sure! The recipe below frosted 24 cupcakes.
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick) – softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the softened butter with 2 cups of the powdered sugar.
- Add the milk and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Beat of medium speed in your electric mixer until smooth.
- Continue to add powdered sugar until the frosting reaches the consistency you want.