Ham and Cheese Sliders – Hawaiian rolls filled with ham, cheese, onions and a delicious mustard sauce, then brushed with butter. A great appetizer to feed a crowd!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Updated: New photos have been created for this recipe.
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. We had an awesome weekend filled with lots of family time and good food. I have several leftover containers in the fridge I brought home from my parents house and we’re still making our way through the potatoes and ham.
I thought it would be an appropriate time to update my recipe for Ham & Cheese Sliders. The recipe calls for deli ham, but you could also prepare these little sandwiches with thinly sliced leftover Easter ham. Not a problem.
These sliders are great to serve as an appetizer, snack or lunch! They qualify as a tasty party food, but even if it’s just you and the family at home on a Sunday afternoon, do NOT hesitate to make these yummy sandwiches!
How to Make Ham & Cheese Sliders
Ham and Cheese Sliders
Hawaiian rolls filled with ham, cheese, onions and a delicious mustard sauce, then brushed with a butter. A great appetizer to feed a crowd!
12 pack of King’s Hawaiian Original rolls
1 lb. shaved deli ham
Swiss cheese (thinly sliced) – I used about 10 slices
6 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 onion (ring cut and then cut rings in halves or quarters)
- Melted butter
- Poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- With a large knife, cut rolls in half down the middle.
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a pan and mix in mustard, Worcestershire sauce and onions.
- Simmer until onions begin to caramelize.
- Place the bottom layer of the rolls into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Pour the onions mixture over the rolls.
- Layer with ham slices.
- Layer with Swiss cheese.
- Place the top layer of the rolls on top of the cheese.
- Brush the top of the rolls with melted butter.
- Sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Separate the rolls before serving.