Peanut Butter Bird’s Nest Cookies – Soft homemade peanut butter cookies topped with rich and creamy mini chocolate eggs. A festive spring or Easter treat!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Spring is in the air and Easter is right around the corner. That means, it’s time to start thinking about Easter recipes. These adorably festive Peanut Butter Bird’s Nest Cookies are cute, delicious and pair perfectly with spring and Easter celebrations.
They may remind you of the classic Peanut Butter Blossoms everyone loves to eat at Christmas but these are decorated especially for Easter!
HOW TO MAKE EASTER PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
To make these festive bird’s nest cookies, you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Creamy peanut butter (I love using Jif)
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Mini Cadbury eggs
Once you’ve gathered all of your ingredients, let’s get some baking underway!
Preheat your oven to 350℉, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and follow the steps below:
MIXING THE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH
- Cream together the softened butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and ¼ cup of the granulated sugar with a hand mixer.
- Add the vanilla and egg to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Then, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix everything together until a dough forms.
ROLLING AND BAKING THE COOKIES
- Roll the dough into 1” balls.
- Roll the dough balls into some sugar.
- Place your sugar-covered dough balls on the baking sheet.
- Bake the peanut butter cookies for 8-9 minutes or until the tops crack.
ADDING THE CHOCOLATE EGGS TO THE COOKIES
Remove your cookies from the oven, allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes and then gently press 3 mini Cadbury eggs into each cookie. Get ready to enjoy!
TIPS FOR THE BEST PEANUT BUTTER NEST COOKIES
- Spray your measuring cup with nonstick spray. When measuring your peanut butter, spray the measuring cup with nonstick spray. This helps to release the peanut butter easily.
- Use a room temperature egg and butter. Let the butter soften at room temperature by setting it on the counter for about 30 minutes. Likewise set your egg on the counter with the butter so it is room temperature.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes. I found that if you press the chocolate eggs into the cookies right out of the oven, the eggs may crack. You’ll see that this isn’t a perfect science. Many of my cookies had cracked chocolate eggs but they still tasted delicious!
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THE COOKIES ARE DONE?
You will know the cookies are ready to be taken out of the oven when the tops are lightly brown and the tops have begun to crack.
The cookies will be soft when you press on them (even after the 5-minute wait time) but will firm as they cool. Allow the cookies to rest on the pan for a few minutes before lifting them off of the parchment paper or baking sheet.
CAN I FREEZE THE DOUGH FOR LATER?
Absolutely! Like any cookie dough, this peanut butter cookie dough can be frozen until you are ready to bake it.
Roll the dough into balls, first, and then place them on a cookie sheet and flash freeze for 1 hour. Then, place your cookie balls in a plastic freezer storage bag and freeze until you are ready to bake your cookies.
HOW DO I STORE LEFTOVER BIRD’S NEST COOKIES?
Once your cookies are completely cooled, you can store them in a cookie jar, plastic storage bag, or simply cover them and leave them on the counter.
These cookies can last in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks provided they don’t get eaten before that.
MORE EASTER TREATS YOU’LL LOVE!
- Easter Peanut Butter Eggs
- Bunny Butt Funfetti Easter Cheese Ball
- Easter Trifle Dessert
- Easter Peep Hatchlings
Peanut Butter Bird’s Nest Cookies
Soft homemade peanut butter cookies topped with rich and creamy mini chocolate eggs. A festive spring or Easter treat!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 13
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 108 mini Cadbury eggs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup granulated sugar together until smooth with a hand mixer.
- Add vanilla and egg. Mix again.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix again until dough forms.
- Place remaining sugar in a small bowl.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and then roll them in sugar.
- Place sugar-covered balls on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8-9 minutes or until the tops begin to crack.
- Remove cookies from oven, allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes and then gently press three eggs into each cookie.