About a year ago, I had my first taste of balsamic vinegar. It was on bruschetta. Bruschetta has become a love of my life and so has balsamic vinegar. There's just something about it that I can't resist. Maybe it's the zing, the tang, I'm really not sure, but there's no going back now.
These roasted baby red balsamic potatoes are wonderful, and I often make them alongside a juicy steak or grilled chicken breast. If you're looking for an easy side that you're bound to have all of the ingredients for in your kitchen, try these potatoes. They're crunchy and flavorful on the outside and tender on the inside. It doesn't get much better than this!
Roasted Balsamic Potatoes
- Baby red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- PAM non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash potatoes, cut them into quarters and place them into a bowl.
- Add basil, paprika, garlic and two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well to fully cover the potatoes.
- Grease a large oven-proof tray with PAM spray and spread the potatoes evenly in the pan.
- Roast for 45 minutes, moving the potatoes around every so often so they cook evenly.
- Take potatoes out of the oven, sprinkle on some salt and pepper and pour the balsamic vinegar over the potatoes, stirring them around.
- Put the potatoes back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until they reach desired tenderness.