Snickers Caramel Apple Salad – a creamy, dreamy salad made with Snickers candy bars, pudding and whipped topping!
You know how sometimes you see this salad looking more sticky than creamy? Whomever prepared it most likely used regular Cool Whip, and they probably mixed in the Cool Whip after they added the apples. Always prepare the Cool Whip mixture first, before you add any of the other ingredients. Truth.
You’re going to get lots of oohs and ahhs, so just anticipate it. It’s always nice to head home after a potluck with an empty bowl, isn’t it? #Lifegoals
Snickers Caramel Apple Salad
A creamy, dreamy salad made with Snickers candy bars, pudding and whipped topping!
- Category: Salad
- 4 medium-sized apples
- 8 regular-size Snickers candy bars
- 5.1 oz. package of vanilla instant pudding (do not prepare)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 16 oz. Creamy Cool Whip (You may need to buy two containers to get to 16 oz. I’ve never seen the Creamy offered in a larger container than a 12 oz.)
- Caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- Chop up your apples and snickers bars. Some people say freezing them and then pounding them with a hammer works for them. For me, I cut each Snickers bar in half and then just cut horizontally into small pieces with a chef’s knife.
- Whisk pudding packet with milk and Cool Whip until combined. It’s helpful to also use a spatula to make sure you’re getting any dry pudding at the bottom of the bowl mixed in as well.
- Mix the chopped up apples and Snickers bars into the pudding mixture. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Before serving, sprinkle some extra chopped up Snickers on top of the salad (here’s where those extra candy bars come in handy) and drizzle with caramel for a decadent touch.