5-Ingredient Air Fryer Lemon Chicken - Chicken tenderloins are dredged in egg and Panko, then air-fried to create a crispy crust. A little salt and squeeze of lemon brings this dish to life!
Hey there my air fryer friends! I'm back yet again with another delicious air fryer recipe.
I've been getting so many positive comments on the roast chicken recipe I shared, I thought it would be fun to share a few more of my favorite recipes that come out perfect in the air fryer.
I make this Air Fryer Lemon Chicken when I'm craving something light and am short on time. It's literally five ingredients and takes only 12 minutes in the air fryer.
When you own an air fryer, you get used to dredging. Any recipe that uses Panko or breadcrumbs does really well in an air fryer. For this recipe, we're using Panko crumbs.
I usually use chicken tenderloins in the air fryer, but if you want to use chicken breasts instead, just make sure they are thinner breasts, or gently pound them between two layers of plastic wrap with a meat tenderizer before placing them into the air fryer.
You'll want to dip both sides of the chicken in egg and then dredge in the Panko crumbs and place in the air fryer.
I can fit about six tenderloins in the air fryer at once. Since the kids aren't real keen on lemon it's the perfect amount for my husband and I. There's usually a piece or two left over that I get to eat the next day! 🙂
I set the air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit and the timer to 14 minutes, turning the tenderloins halfway through cooking.
As soon as the chicken is done, I remove the tenderloins from the air fryer, sprinkle generously salt and squeeze a generous amount of lemon juice over the chicken. Such simple ingredients - and it's oh so good.
I always try and serve the chicken with some lemon on the side because I find myself wanting more and more lemon with each and every bite.
I don't know of any other way of taking raw chicken from package to plate in under 15 minutes. I mean, you could fry it, sure, but isn't that what we're trying to avoid? Here's to healthier "fried" lemon chicken.
You're going to love the crispy crust and the tender, moist chicken within. I promise that if you own an air fryer, this will soon be one of your go-to weekly recipes! Enjoy!
5-Ingredient Air Fryer Lemon Chicken
- 6 chicken tenderloins
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups Panko crumbs
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 lemons halved (divided)
- Extra halved lemons for additional flavor (optional)
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs (I used a loaf pan).
- Pour the Panko into another large, shallow dish.
- Coat the chicken on both sides with egg and then dredge both sides in the Panko. Place the chicken into the air fryer as you go.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees for 14 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through.
- Transfer the pieces of chicken to a baking pan lined with paper toweling and immediately sprinkle with some salt and squeeze over a generous amount of lemon juice with the four halves of lemon.
- Serve with extra lemon halves for additional flavor.