Air Fryer Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas – Easy and delicious chicken and cheese quesadillas made in minutes in the air fryer!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Cinco de Mayo is next week! Are you doing anything to celebrate the Mexican holiday? The kids love celebrating any special day or holiday so we plan to make some of these Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas right in the air fryer!
These quesadillas are so easy to make, even the kids can help. They are perfect for days when you want to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with the family or doing something you love.
Not only are these quesadillas kid-approved and delicious, but they are a great way to use up any leftover chicken. If you had chicken breasts the night before, you can easily shred up the leftovers for a quick and easy meal.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER QUESADILLAS
To make these easy cheese and chicken quesadillas, you’ll need:
- Tortilla shells
- Shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Cooked, shredded chicken
- Optional toppings: sour cream, onions, lime
PREPPING THE QUESADILLA
This chicken quesadilla recipe is so easy to make, you’ll have lunch or dinner on the table in just minutes.
- First, lay your tortillas on a flat surface to work.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on half of the tortillas.
- Top the cheese with chicken.
- Next, top the chicken with more cheese.
AIR FRYING THE QUESADILLA
- Top the tortilla filled with chicken and cheese with the second tortilla.
- Place the quesadilla in your greased air fryer basket.
Note: To prevent the tortilla shells from “flying around” in the air fryer, place a small trivet or baking pan on top of the quesadilla.
- Air fry the tortilla at 350℉ for 5 minutes. Then, carefully flip the tortilla and air fry for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the quesadilla into sections and enjoy!
CAN I DOUBLE THE RECIPE?
Absolutely! This recipe is super easy to double, triple or even quadruple! All you will need is more chicken, cheese and tortillas. Just be sure to make only 1 full quesadilla at a time. If you are feeding a family of 6, you will want to make 4-6 whole quesadillas.
WHAT’S THE BEST KIND OF SHREDDED CHICKEN TO USE?
If you don’t have leftover shredded chicken and you don’t want to wait on chicken to cook, you have several options. I have used canned chicken that I’ve shredded up with a fork.
Additionally, you could grab a cooked rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store. Or, you can use sliced chicken that you would put on a sandwich from the deli. This recipe is totally versatile.
WHAT SEASONINGS COULD I USE TO ADD MORE FLAVOR?
We didn’t use any special seasonings or spices in this recipe, but, you can easily add some chicken taco seasoning or just plain taco seasoning and mixed it with the shredded chicken in a bowl before putting it on my tortilla.
HOW DO I STORE LEFTOVERS?
Quesadillas are best served fresh. So, only make as many as you plan to eat. If you do have leftovers, you can place them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a couple days. You will need to pop them back in the air fryer to crisp them up.
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Air Fryer Soft Pretzels
- Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
Easy and delicious chicken and cheese quesadillas made in minutes in the air fryer!
- Prep Time: 2 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 12 min
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 soft tortilla shells (that fit in your air fryer basket)
- 2/3 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- Toppings: sour cream, onions, lime (optional)
- Lay one tortilla on your work surface.
- Sprinkle half of cheese on tortilla.
- Sprinkle chicken on top.
- Top chicken with remaining cheese, followed by the second tortilla.
- Place in greased air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 350ºF for 5 minutes.
- Carefully flip and air fry for an additional 4-5 minutes or until tortilla begins to brown and cheese is melted.
Tip: To prevent the tortilla shells from “flying around” in the air fryer, place a small trivet or baking pan on top of the quesadilla.
Leave a Comment