Crispy Fudge Bars – Delicious six-ingredient crispy, chocolaty bars, easy enough for even the kiddos to make! A great after school snack!
So, we have a couple weeks of school under our belt now and I can’t believe how HUNGRY the kids are when they get home off the bus. Cora, my 5-year-old, bursts through the door at 4:00 pm and asks for dinner immediately. I mean, immediately. I’m still trying to wrap up the work day and I have ravenous kids knocking down my door for food.
I’ve been doing my best to try and plan a snack for them when they get home. Most days it’s fruit, cheese and crackers, etc. You know, something halfway healthy. But somedays, I do cave in and have a sweet treat waiting for them on the table.
The kids actually helped me whip up these Crispy Fudge Bars. They’re only six ingredients and super easy to make. These aren’t ooey and gooey like my Cheerio bars or crunch bars. They’re just chocolaty and crispy.
And go great with a big glass of milk.
I honestly believe my 8-year-old could have made these on his own without any help from me at all. I love that. Pretty soon the kiddos will be making their own after-school snacks.
And I can be the official taste tester. Yep, I think I like where this is going. . .
Crispy Fudge Bars
Six ingredient crispy, chocolaty bars easy enough for even the kiddos to make!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine cereal and sugar in large bowl; set aside
- Place chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave uncovered on high for about 60-90 seconds and stir until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Spoon into greased 13×9 inch pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and cut into squares.
- Serving Size: 15
Ready to Ditch the Clutter?
If you feel like you're DROWNING in "STUFF" and are ready to break through the clutter, there's no better time to start than right now!