Grilled Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken – Grilled chicken breasts covered with a flavorful bruschetta, brushed with balsamic and smothered with mozzarella cheese.
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
This is the jackpot of all chicken recipes right here. If you love the zip of balsamic and the freshness of herbs and tomatoes, you need to make this chicken ASAP. Even though we’re still in the middle of winter, we managed to shovel out the grill so we can still enjoy some of our favorite meals!
If your grill is covered in snow or you just don’t have the space for a grill, I’ve been hearing so many great things about this Ninja Foodi Grill you can use in your kitchen year-round!
HOW TO MAKE BALSAMIC BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN
To make this bruschetta chicken, you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Roma tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Minced garlic
- Basil leaves
- Sea salt
While you’re preheating the grill, grab a bowl and combine the diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt.
Toss until the balsamic mixture covers all of the ingredients and set the bruschetta aside. How delicious does that look?
DO I NEED TO USE ROMA TOMATOES FOR BRUSCHETTA?
I prefer Roma tomatoes for bruschetta because they’re not too seedy or watery and they’re quite dense. You definitely want a firm tomato when you’re making bruschetta. Some other tomatoes you could substitute would be:
- Grape tomatoes
- Cherry tomatoes
- Vine-ripened tomatoes
Brush the top of the chicken breasts with a mixture of balsamic and olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes and flip the chicken.
Brush the other side of the chicken and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until juices run clear.
During the last 4 minutes of grilling time, place a generous slice of mozzarella cheese over each chicken breast and allow it to melt over the edges of the chicken.
When the chicken breasts are done, plate them and spoon the balsamic mixture over each chicken breast. If you’re like me you’ll take two or three spoonfuls. Ok, four.
Every time I eat this chicken, it makes me happy. It’s flavorful, healthy and super delicious! It’s the perfect dish to prepare for guests as well!
WHAT ELSE CAN I TOP WITH THIS BRUSCHETTA?
Bruschetta, like pico de gallo, is always a delicious and healthy topping! The combination of fresh tomatoes and herbs actually makes me a bit giddy, to be honest.☺️
CAN I PREPARE THE BRUSCHETTA TOPPING THE DAY BEFORE?
CAN THIS BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN BE RE-HEATED?
If there’s just a few of you, you could grill the chicken the day before, re-heat it in the microwave, place a slice of cheese on top, heat a little bit more until the cheese is melty and then spoon on the bruschetta.
HUNGRY FOR MORE CHICKEN RECIPES?
- Easy Lemon Chicken
- Mozzarella Basil Chicken
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-Ups
- Ritz Cracker Chicken
- Grilled Honey & Lemon Chicken Kabobs
- Muenster Chicken
Grilled Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken
Grilled chicken breasts covered with a flavorful bruschetta, brushed with balsamic and smothered with mozzarella cheese.
- 4–5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Fresh mozzarella cheese slices (1 slice for each piece of chicken)
- Sea salt
Balsamic Topping for Chicken
- 4–5 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic (or 3 cloves fresh)
- 10 basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Preheat your grill.
- Mix together balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a bowl.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, for the chicken topping, combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, pinch of salt and balsamic vinegar. Toss until the balsamic mixture covers all of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Spray the grill with cooking spray and put your chicken on to cook.
- Brush the top of the chicken breast with the balsamic mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and flip the chicken.
- Brush the other side with the balsamic mixture and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until juices run clear. During the last 4 minutes place a generous slice of mozzarella over each chicken breast and allow it to melt over the edges of the chicken.
- Place chicken breasts onto a serving tray or plate and spoon over the balsamic topping.