Creamy Cheddar & Broccoli Noodles – A deliciously creamy pasta side dish the whole family will love!
I’m always looking for easy side dishes, aren’t you, too?
Once and awhile, instead of just roasting or steaming veggies, I like to throw them in with some noodles and cheese. If you have a difficult time getting your kids to eat veggies, you might want to try these Cheddar & Broccoli Noodles. Heck, even if you’re just looking for a more exciting side dish, try this out!
Alright, so here we go. You recognize those noodles, don’t you? Yep, they’re Ramen noodles. I ate these noodles all the time in college – they’re super easy to make in the microwave and a fast lunch for a busy student. Well, today we’re using them in a side dish.
Whenever I make these noodles, it brings back lots of memories of my college days. I can almost smell my dorm room hall when everyone on my floor was making their lunch. We all made a lot of noodles and rice, and every day it was a potpourri of scents. Some days it smelled wonderful, other days. . .not so much.
But let me tell you what. These noodles are delicious! Just as delicious as my breadcrumb spaghetti!
Cheesy soup and sour cream help make a thick and creamy sauce. If you’d like a thinner sauce, omit the sour cream and just don’t drain your noodles as completely before you transfer them to the saucepan.
These noodles are completely creamy and wonderful – and here’s the thing. . .if you’d like to turn this into a meal, add some cooked chicken to the dish and wallah – dinner IS served!
Creamy Cheddar & Broccoli Noodles
A delicious and creamy pasta side dish the whole family will love!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- 4 cups water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken flavor Ramen noodle soup
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s Broccoli Cheese soup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat water to boiling.
- Add noodles and broccoli (DO NOT ADD SEASONING PACKETS FROM NOODLES).
- Return to boiling then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer covered for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain off most of the liquid.
- Stir in ONE seasoning packet from the noodle soup (reserve the other packet for future use).
- Stir in cheddar broccoli soup, sour cream and pepper.
- Heat through stirring occasionally.
Add some cooked chicken to the dish to make it into a full meal!