Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms – Parmesan and garlic stuffed mushroom caps browned to perfection in the air fryer. A quick and simple appetizer for parties and holidays!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
We love these Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms because they are delicious bite-sized appetizers that everyone seems to love. They are perfect for parties and get-togethers, but also make a great low-carb snack.
Not only are these bits of heaven delicious, but they are super versatile. You can easily swap out the cheese and add sausage or crab, or even jalapenos to give it a spicy kick.
And, cooking these in the air fryer means they cook extra fast, so you have plenty of time for anything else you want to make.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED MUSHROOMS IN THE AIR FRYER
To make these parmesan garlic stuffed mushrooms, you’ll need:
- Baby Bella or white mushrooms
- Vegetable oil
- Minced garlic
- Cream cheese
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Ground cayenne pepper
Gather all of your ingredients and let’s start making these easy air fryer stuffed mushrooms!
- First, gently clean your mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Then, carefully break off the stems and chop them finely. Discard any of the tough ends.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, add the garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet and cook for about 10 minutes. Once the moisture is gone in the skillet, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- When the mushrooms and garlic have cooled, stir in the cream cheese, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom cap with the thick cheese mixture.
Arrange the mushroom caps in your air fryer basket. Air fry at 370℉ for 6 minutes.
The stuffing inside the mushrooms will be a nice golden brown when they are ready. They are best served and enjoyed immediately!
TIPS FOR THE BEST AIR FRYER STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- Don’t soak the mushrooms in water. When cleaning your mushrooms, use a damp paper towel. Mushrooms absorb water so soaking them will make them soggy during the cooking process.
- Use foil. To prevent your mushrooms from falling sideways, place the mushrooms on a piece of foil and fold the sides to hold them in place.
- Pick the freshest mushrooms. Look for white mushrooms that have not started to brown or spoil for best results.
WHAT TYPES OF MUSHROOMS ARE BEST FOR STUFFING?
Baby Bella mushrooms or larger white mushrooms are best for stuffing. I prefer small Portabella mushrooms as they have a mild flavor and cook up evenly.
Feel free to use whatever whole mushroom you have on hand or can easily find at your local grocery store.
WHAT’S THE EASIEST WAY TO HOLLOW OUT MUSHROOMS?
After you slice off the stems of the mushrooms, you’ll want to make a nice space within the mushroom cap for your stuffing, scoop out the inside of the mushroom with a small melon baller.
If you don’t have a melon baller, you could use a small metal measuring spoon as well. Remember to handle each mushroom carefully as they are very delicate.
HOW DO I STORE LEFTOVER STUFFED MUSHROOMS?
Leftover air fryer stuffed mushrooms can be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for about 3 days.
To reheat, you will want to cook them in your air fryer at 370℉ for 4-5 minutes to crisp them up nicely again.
MORE AIR FRYER APPETIZER RECIPES TO ENJOY
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Parmesan and garlic stuffed mushroom caps browned to perfection in the air fryer. A quick and simple appetizer for parties and holidays!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total Time: 26 min
- Yield: 24 servings 1x
- 24 Baby Bella or white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Carefully break off stems.
- Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough ends.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Stir often.
- Fry until any moisture has disappeared, making sure to not burn the garlic. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture should be very thick.
- Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.
- Arrange the mushroom caps in your greased air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 370ºF for 6 minutes or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
- Serving Size: 1 mushroom