Ambrosia Fruit Salad – A classic fruit salad made with fresh pineapples, juicy mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, mini marshmallows, coconut and delicious whipped cream. It’s the perfect springtime side dish!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
This delicious Ambrosia Fruit Salad is a classic recipe that is easy to make and spectacular for spring! It can be made as a simple side dish or a fresh dessert! It’s simple and refreshing and so tasty!
The medley of fruits, vibrant colors, and simple ingredients makes this dish perfect for everyone! It’s a great and easy way to bring some liveliness to the dinner table.
HOW TO MAKE AMBROSIA SALAD
Before you get started, make sure grab the following ingredients:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sour cream
- Mini fruit marshmallows
- Shredded coconut
- Crushed pineapple
- Maraschino cherries
- Mandarin oranges
- Chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until peaks form.
- Add the sour cream and beat again.
- Drain the cherries and pat them dry.
- Add marshmallows, coconut, pineapple, dry cherries, mandarin oranges, and pecans to the whipped cream. Stir until combined. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
TIPS FOR MAKING EASY AMBROSIA SALAD
- When using canned fruit like we are in this recipe, make sure to drain them well to avoid excess liquid in your salad.
- Allow the salad to chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. This allows the flavors to blend and ensures that the salad keeps its texture and form!
- When mixing the fruit, try not to over mix, otherwise the fruit can get mushy.
- To adjust the sweetness of the ambrosia salad, add more or less sugar.
CAN I MAKE THIS AMBROSIA RECIPE AHEAD OF TIME?
This recipe can be made two days ahead of serving when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Wait to top with marshmallows and garnishes until you are ready to serve!
HOW DO YOU STORE LEFTOVER AMBROSIA SALAD?
Ambrosia fruit salad can be stored in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the refrigerator. You won’t want to try and freeze this salad because it will become watery and the fruit will become mushy.
MORE SWEET SALADS TO ENJOY
- Grape Salad
- Snickers Caramel Apple Salad
- Oreo Fluff Salad
- Pineapple Pretzel Salad
- Triple Berry Shortcake Salad
- Cranberry Fluff
Fruit Ambrosia Salad
A classic fruit salad made with fresh pineapples, juicy mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries, mini marshmallows, coconut and delicious whipped cream. It’s the perfect springtime side dish!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 cups colored mini marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 15 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries without stems, drained and patted dry
- 11 ounce can mandarin orange wedges, drained
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until peaks form.
- Add sour cream and beat again.
- Add marshmallows, coconut, pineapple, dry cherries, mandarin oranges, and pecans. Stir until combined.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.