Happy Earth Day! I’m happy to say that I’ve finally come out of hibernation for the winter. Water around these parts is flowing again, birds are chirping and my sump pump has been kicking in. Those, my friends, are truly the signs of spring here in Wisconsin. To celebrate the earth and our beautiful surroundings, I’m sharing a recipe for dirt cups today.
Bloomin’ Dirt Cups
They aren’t just the traditional dirt cups, however. These are bloomin’ dirt cups! Because who can resist an edible flower to go along with the Oreo dirt and gummy worms?
- 10 6-7 oz. paper or plastic cups
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip Whipped Topping, thawed
- 16 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 10 gummy worms
- 5 giant roaster marshmallows (cut in half)
- 80 M&M chocolate candies (8 per marshmallow – you pick the colors)
- 10 green plastic spoons
- Combine the pudding mix and milk in large bowl and whisk for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the Cool Whip.
- Spoon the pudding and Cool Whip mixture into 10 (6- to 7-oz.) paper or plastic cups and top with the Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and top with the gummy worms and “spoon flowers” just before serving.
- Stick the handle end of a spoon into one of the marshmallow halves. Place 1 M&M candy piece in the center of the sticky side of the marshmallow and 7 M&M candies around the piece in the center to create the flower “petals.”
- Calories: 10240
- Sugar: 969
- Sodium: 8300
- Fat: 308
- Saturated Fat: 175
- Unsaturated Fat: 29
- Trans Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 1772
- Protein: 109
- Cholesterol: 120