Buffalo Wild Wings Chili Con Queso Recipe - A perfect blend of creamy melted cheese, flavorful spices, hearty chili, and a medley of fresh diced tomatoes, green chilies, and jalapenos, made to taste just like the Buffalo Wild Wings version.
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
This Buffalo Wild Wings Chili Con Queso recipe is the ultimate in game-day appetizers inspired by the classic flavors from BDubs. This dip is guaranteed to elevate your superbowl party or family get together, with an extraordinary combination of flavorful ingredients! It's zesty, cheesy, and absolutely delicious!
Served as a dip alongside warm tortilla chips or fresh veggies, this crowd-pleasing dip makes the perfect party appetizer.
It has just the right amount of kick, and is absolutely irresistible! With a dip as deliciously rich and creamy as this, how can you say no? Prepare to indulge in this amazing dip as you cheer your favorite team to victory!
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- This recipe is a great alternative to the famous Buffalo Wild Wings Chili Con Queso, and is actually even better! You can save money and eat in with this homemade recipe!
- You can easily alter ingredients to your preferences and tone down or add more spice!
- By making this recipe at home, it’s healthier than what you’ll get at the restaurant but still just as delicious!
- Enjoy the game day in your own home while still bringing the vibe of the sport-bar restaurant home!
- It’s super easy to double this recipe for large parties!
You'll need the following ingredients to make this Bdubs Chili Con Queso:
- Velveeta cheese- Velveeta cheese adds that perfect creamy and cheesy texture to the queso that tastes just like the Buffalo Wild Wings dip you would have in the restaurant.
- Chili- Adds texture as well as distinct spicy flavor to the dish that enhances the overall taste and gives it that authentic kick that is reminiscent of the Buffalo Wild Wings queso.
- Jalapenos- Jalapenos add the perfect amount of heat and flavor that’s spicy and slightly tangy. It complements the other flavors in the dip amazingly.
- Diced tomatoes with green chiles- Add a freshness to the dip that balances out the other flavors and creates a beautiful medley of tastes!
- Olive oil- Olive oil contributes to the silky, creamy texture of the dip that enhances the taste and flavor. It’s important to choose a good quality olive oil that will complement the other ingredients in your dip.
Substitutions & Variations
- Add sweet corn for a hint of sweetness in your queso.
- Serve with veggies or reduced fat tortilla chips for a healthier option!
- Other than veggies or chips, try serving with chicken or sausage taquito dippers!
- You can add a pound of seasoned sausage or ground beef if you want to add more protein to your dip.
How to Make BWW Chili Con Queso at Home
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, follow the steps below for this delicious homemade dip!
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add the onions and jalapenos. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir well. 4. Add diced tomatoes and chili. Stir well.
- Add cubed Velveeta. Continue cooking on low and tiring often until the cheese melts.
Top the dip with chopped onions, jalapenos, and tomatoes, then serve with tortilla chips.
- Cutting up the Velveeta cheese into cubes helps the cheese melt quicker!
- Don't leave this dip out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
- Heat up your tortilla chips to add an even more authentic restaurant feel to your dish!
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or extra veggies for more flavor and appeal!
Can I Heat the Tortilla Chips?
Yes! To heat up your tortilla chips, there are many simple methods you can use. In the oven, you can bake the tortilla chips at 350°F on a baking sheet for around 5-10 minutes.
In the air fryer, you can place the chips in a single layer at 350°F for 2-4 minutes until the chips are warm and crispy. You can also heat the chips in a skillet by tossing them around in small batches at medium heat until they are warmed through.
How Can I Prevent the Dip from Burning?
To ensure your dip doesn't burn while it’s cooking in the skillet, be sure to cook it at medium heat and stir it frequently. Keep a close eye on it as it’s cooking to ensure it’s not burning or being overcooked.
What Should I Serve with Buffalo Wild Wings Chili Con Queso?
Buffalo Wild Wings Chili Con Queso tastes great alongside anything ranging from celery sticks and warm tortilla chips to soft pretzels and chicken wings. Experiment with different snacks or appetizers and see what you like best!
Storage & Freezing Instructions
Store leftover chili con queso for 4-5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Once cooled, store this dip for 2-3 months in the freezer in an airtight container. Then, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in a saucepan at medium heat until the queso is heated through!
More Dip Recipes You'll Love!
- Homemade Bean Dip
- Mexicorn Dip Recipe
- Air Fryer Avocado Wedges With Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Million Dollar Dip
Buffalo Wild Wings Chili Con Queso Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and diced)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies (drained)
- 15 ounce can chili (no beans)
- 32 ounces Velveeta cheese (cut into cubes)
- Tortilla chips (for dipping)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and jalapenos. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Add diced tomatoes and chili. Stir well.
- Add cubed Velveeta. Continue cooking on low and tiring often until cheese melts.
- Top with chopped onions, jalapenos, and tomatoes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.