Cherry Float – Vanilla ice cream blends with cherry soda for this easy, fun and festive party drink!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Who doesn’t love something sweet, delicious and red for Valentine’s Day?! This delicious cherry ice cream float is simple to make and it’s such a cute way to celebrate Valentine’s day. There’s really no prep time and clean up is a cinch!
Let’s make a little glass of “love potion!”
CHERRY FLOAT INGREDIENTS
To make this fun party drink, you’ll only need 5 ingredients:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cherry soda
- Red licorice
- Whipped topping in a can
Most of the ingredients used in this cherry float are ingredients you have used before, but in case you need the “low down,” here’s what you need to gather up:
- Vanilla ice cream – There are so many different flavors of vanilla ice cream such as French vanilla, vanilla bean, etc. Any kind can be used, it’s all your personal preference.
- Cherry soda – Cherry soda can be found in the same aisle as the other soft drinks in your local grocery store. You will most likely find it will be in glass bottles and in a 4 or 6 pack cardboard carrier. If your local store doesn’t carry it, you can substitute Mountain Dew Code Red for a similar flavor.
- Red licorice – Red Vines is a popular brand but you can use any hollow cherry flavored licorice you choose. Red licorice can usually be found in the candy aisle at your local grocery store. It makes a great straw!
- Whipped topping in a can – Reddi Whip is whipped cream in an aerosol can. You can find this in the dairy section near the milk and heavy whipping cream. This makes the perfect topping for your Valentine’s day drink!
HOW TO MAKE A CHERRY FLOAT
This cherry float recipe is very flexible when it comes to ingredients and you can add more or less of any ingredient. The recipe makes one float, so feel free to double, triple or quadruple the recipe!
Place one or two scoops of vanilla ice cream in a glass.
Fill to top with cherry soda.
Top with whipped topping.
Go ahead and add a little more for good measure. Then top with sprinkles and add the piece of licorice!
CAN I STORE LEFTOVERS IN THE FREEZER?
Unfortunately, no. Ice cream floats don’t save well in the freezer. They don’t even do well in the fridge because everything is just going to melt together and look kind of “bleh.”
Plan to enjoy your entire ice cream float immediately after preparing it!
CAN I MAKE THIS RECIPE INTO A PUNCH?
You can! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 gallon ice cream
- 2-liters cherry soda
- Spoon the ice cream into a punch bowl.
- Pour the cherry soda over the ice cream and stir.
READY FOR MORE VALENTINE’S RECIPE IDEAS?
- Pink Squirrel – This is a similar recipe but with a fun pink color.
- Cranberry Cake – Another fun cake that’s perfect for Valentine’s day.
- Funfetti Cake Cookies – These are great year round, but extra special on Valentine’s day.
- Swirled Raspberry Cheesecake – This is a great dessert to make for your special someone.
Vanilla ice cream blends with cherry soda for this easy, fun and festive party drink!
- 1 – 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Cherry soda
- 1 piece red licorice
- Reddi Whip whipped topping
- Place a scoop of ice cream in a glass and fill 3/4 full with cherry soda.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Garnish with the piece of licorice and enjoy.