I’ll be the first to admit I have a peanut butter and chocolate problem. My husband will be the first to console me and tell me, “It’s okay, honey.”
We both seem to be a bit addicted partial to the flavor combo so I’ve made my fair share of goodies here in the Bitz & Giggles kitchen. Nothing over the top, though. Just a few recipes, like these cracker layer bars, soft batch cookies, brownie bowls, mason jar cake, ice cream bread, oat bites, cupcakes, fudge and more bars. I should probably stop there. No, you know what? We’re not stopping there, no we’re not. Ever. Stopping.
Today, I want to introduce you to what we like to call Chunky Dunks. Stick with me here. They’re a thick and chewy peanut butter and chocolate cookie that’s perfect for dunking. They’re taller vs. wider so they fit into a glass of milk just perfectly.
Notice, I said GLASS of milk. This cute little bottle you see here was for show only. After the photo shoot, I dumped that milk into a regular glass of milk and started dunking away. Because, that’s just what we food bloggers do. We make everything pretty for our pictures and then. . .we eat.
It works out best if you have lots of friends and neighbors close by if you’re a food blogger. I take my creations into the office, down the street and send some with my children to school. It’s just best that way. #foodbloggerproblems
This was actually the cookie I ate after the shoot. It was kind of the ugly duckling of the bunch. I’m showing you a picture of this cookie to keep things real. The chocolate has my fingerprints in it, the chips are all on top of one another, the edges browned a bit more than what I would have liked. . .these are just some of the things that happen to food bloggers. And, well, I want you to know about it. It’s only fair.
I will say, however, that it tasted JUST as good as all of the other ones. . .in case you were wondering.
I can’t wait for you to make some chunky dunks of your own. I know they’re going to turn out great. Send me pics via Instagram or Twitter and tag #bitzngiggles. Oh, and even if you have one of those ugly ducklings in your batch, I want to see THAT, too! I love seeing your creations! Enjoy!
Thick and chewy peanut butter and chocolate cookies perfect for milk dunking!
- Yield: 24
- 3/4 cup heaping cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together the egg, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and vanilla until well-combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix just until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl and place in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scoop out dough and make cookies the size of about two tablespoons. You don’t need to roll the dough into balls. Place onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges and tops of cookies are set but centers are still gooey.
- Allow to cool for another 10 minutes.
- Believe it or not, these cookies are even better the NEXT day!
- Calories: 3628
- Sugar: 318
- Sodium: 1623
- Fat: 159
- Saturated Fat: 95
- Unsaturated Fat: 52
- Trans Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 503
- Protein: 46
- Cholesterol: 471