Ninja Foodi Lobster Tails – Succulent lobster tails pressure cooked, brushed with garlic butter and air crisped to perfection. Have plenty of melted butter ready for a delicious and romantic meal!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Have you decided what your plans are for Valentine’s Day? A ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️(five-star) date night for us usually includes enjoying an evening out at one of our favorite restaurants.
Going out to eat on Valentine’s Day, though, can be a hassle because most restaurants are super busy and crowded.
So, if you don’t want to leave the comfort of your own home this year AND you’re an owner of a Ninja Foodi, boy, do I have a recipe for you, today!
Note: If you don’t have a Ninja Foodi yet, have no fear. Maybe you’ll get one for Valentine’s Day?😉 If not, I have instructions on how to broil lobster tails in the oven, too. I got you, boo!
HOW TO MAKE LOBSTER TAILS IN THE NINJA FOODI:
To make lobster tails, you’ll need:
- A Ninja Foodi😉
- Lobster tails (mine were from Sam’s Club and about 1/2 pound a piece)
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
WHY DO YOU CUT LOBSTER TAILS BEFORE COOKING THEM?
Cutting the shell of the lobster tail is considered best practice for even cooking. I prefer using a sharp kitchen shears over a knife to cut the shell.
Using a sharp kitchen shears, make a cut right down the center of the shell, all the way to the tip of the tail.
Don’t worry about cutting into the meat. If you do, it’s perfectly okay.
Using your thumbs and fingers to spread open the shell, gently pushing the meat upward, loosening the meat from the bottom and sides of the shell.
This is probably the most challenging part of the preparation, but just take your time, and don’t be afraid to use a little muscle.💪😁
If pieces of the shell crack or break off, just remove them.
Place the meat of the lobster on top of the tail and sprinkle on a little salt and pepper.
Add water and a tablespoon of butter to the Ninja Foodi cooking pot. Place the lobster tails on the rack in the lower position.
Put the pressure cooking lid on the Foodi and make sure the pressure release valve is in the seal position.
Select high pressure and set the timer for two minutes.
When the lobster tails are finished, do a quick release.
WHAT IS A QUICK RELEASE?
Perform a quick release by immediately moving the valve from seal to vent, allowing the pot to quickly release steam and pressure.
Brush the lobster meat with garlic butter.
And sprinkle on some paprika.
Select the air crisp function and set to 375º Fahrenheit for two minutes, brushing the tails once again with garlic butter halfway through cook time.
Remove the tails from the Foodi and enjoy with melted butter.
CAN I USE FROZEN LOBSTER TAILS?
Well, to prepare the lobsters like I did, you’ll need to thaw the tail. If you’re just looking to pressure cook a frozen lobster tail, you can usually cook them at high pressure for 4 minutes and they’ll be ready.
HOW DO YOU THAW LOBSTER TAILS?
There are two different methods I use:
- Thaw in the fridge: Place your lobster tails in the refrigerator on a plate for 24 hours. Check your lobster tails an hour or two before you plan to cook them to ensure they are fully thawed.
- Immerse in cold water: Place the lobster tails in a zip lock bag and immerse the tails in cold water in the sink or a large bowl. Replace the cold water every 30 minutes until thawed. The whole process should take about 30 minutes to an hour.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN LOBSTER IS SAFE TO EAT?
You certainly don’t want to overcook lobster because it will become chewy and rubbery. Use a digital thermometer to take an accurate temp. Lobster should be cooked to an internal temperature of 140º Fahrenheit.
The meat will turn from translucent to an opaque white – very similar to shrimp and scallops.
CAN YOU PREPARE LOBSTER TAILS IN ADVANCE?
Well, you can prep them in advance (cutting the tail, lifting the meat out of the shell, etc.) and place them in the fridge before cooking, but I wouldn’t recommend cooking them and then trying to reheat them.
You should cook them immediately before serving.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT LEFTOVER LOBSTER?
I know I just said I wouldn’t cook lobster tails and try to reheat them. I stand behind that. BUT, if you cook the lobster, enjoy it and still have some left over, you do have a couple options for reheating the lobster meat.
- Reheat the lobster in butter – Use the pot-in-pot (PIP) method for this option. Place your lobster meat in an oven-safe dish that will fit in the Foodi. Add some melted butter to the bottom of the dish and cover with foil.Select BAKE/ROAST function and cook at 350º Fahrenheit until tails are heated through. Baste with melted butter to ensure moist lobster meat.
- Steam the lobster – Add a cup of water to the Foodi pot. Place the lobster meat in the cook and crisp basket. Select STEAM function and steam for 5 minutes or until tails are heated through.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE IN THE NINJA FOODI?
- Air Fryer Lava Cakes
- Ninja Foodi Roast Chicken
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Instant Pot Corned Beef
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Ninja Foodi Lobster Tails
Succulent lobster tails pressure cooked, brushed with garlic butter and air crisped to perfection. Have plenty of melted butter ready for a delicious and romantic meal!
- 2 lobster tails (mine were about 1/2 lb./tail)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pinch of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Melted butter, for dipping (optional)
- With a sharp, clean kitchen shears, cut the shell of the lobster tail right down the middle.
- With both hands, pry the shell apart, loosening the meat of the lobster from the bottom, sides and top of the shell (keeping the end of the tail in tact).
- Once the meat is loosened, carefully pull the meat through the top of the shell and place it on top of the opened shell.
- Season lobster meat with salt and pepper.
- Add water and one tablespoon of butter to cooking pot.
- Place Foodi rack in lower position in the pot and position lobster tails on rack.
- Put pressure cooking lid on Foodi and make sure pressure release valve is in the SEAL position.
- Select HIGH PRESSURE for 2 minutes. QUICK RELEASE.
- Combine garlic powder and melted butter.
- Brush tails with garlic butter mixture.
- Sprinkle tails with paprika.
- AIR CRISP at 375º Fahrenheit for two minutes, brushing tails again with garlic butter halfway through cook time.
- Remove tails from Foodi and enjoy with melted butter.