Cheesy Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breasts – Sautéed chicken breasts stuffed with a cheesy and creamy artichoke filling. Takes less 15 minutes to cook!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
The snow is gone, spring is here and it’s making me crave fresh vegetables! One of my favorite spring veggies is artichokes, and right now it’s peak season for them. Although we’re cheating a bit and using canned artichokes in this recipe, the flavor is still amazing!
These chicken breasts are stuffed with a cheesy and creamy artichoke filling and sautéed right on top of the stovetop. They take less 15 minutes to cook so this is a perfect weeknight meal!
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY ARTICHOKE STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
To make this flavorful chicken, you’ll need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper
- Can of artichoke hearts
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
Alright, let’s make this artichoke chicken!
Begin by cutting a slit about 3/4 of the way through each chicken breast. You do not want to cut all the way through the chicken because you’ll want to create a pocket for the artichokes and cheese to go.
Then go ahead and season your chicken breast with Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper. If you want to add a kick of flavor, add some red pepper flakes to your chicken!
Combine the artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise and garlic in a medium mixing bowl. This will be the filling that goes inside the chicken.
Scoop out some of the filling and add it to a chicken breast. You want to evenly distribute the filling to all four chicken breasts.
Secure the chicken breast shut with two to three toothpicks. This will ensure that the goodness from inside does not fall out while cooking.
In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat, add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 6 to 7 minutes then flip.
Cover and cook the other side for an additional 6 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is done.
Make sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken breast. The internal temperature should be 165º Fahrenheit with no visible pink color to the meat.
You can also press the chicken breast with a fork and if the juices run clear, it’s most likely cooked through.
WHAT IS THE BEST TYPE OF CHICKEN TO USE?
I suggest using boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. They work out the best.
You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs, but you won’t be able to add as much filling to the chicken and they will take longer to cook through.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THE CHICKEN IS DONE?
The chicken should be cooked to 165° Fahrenheit before serving.
Use a digital thermometer to check the temperature of the chicken to ensure that it is thoroughly cooked. The chicken may look like it’s browned, but sometimes it’s hard to tell if chicken is done by the outside alone.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
CAN I FREEZE STUFFED CHICKEN?
Yes, you can! Make the recipe according to the directions, allow the chicken to cool completely and then place it on a baking sheet. Flash freeze the chicken by placing the baking sheet in the freezer to harden.
Place the chicken in an airtight container and put it back in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat the chicken, first allow it to thaw and then warm up in the microwave or the stove top again.
MORE TASTY CHICKEN RECIPES TO TRY
- Air Fryer Dill Pickle Chicken
- Grilled Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken
- Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken
- Mozzarella Basil Chicken
- Air Fryer 5-Ingredient Lemon Chicken
- Double Crunch Chicken Drumsticks
Cheesy Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Cut a slit about 3/4 of the way through each chicken breast.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper.
- To prepare filling, combine artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise and garlic in a medium mixing bowl.
- Evenly distribute filling into the four chicken breasts.
- Secure the chicken breasts shut with 2-3 toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts to skillet and cook for 6-7 minutes, then flip.
- Cover and cook the other side for an additional 6-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.