At our house the grill is still going strong. What about at your house? Are you still grilling, or are you beginning to break out the slow cooker and oven-baked recipes, gearing up for fall? I’m just not quite ready for that yet! Today I’m sharing a recipe for Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers – tender pieces of chicken breast marinated in cilantro, lime and garlic, skewered and then grilled to perfection! Can I get an AMEN?
So, I bet you’re wondering what to do with these chicken pieces once you’ve grilled them. Well, you could just remove the chicken from the skewers, serve with a starch and a veggie and call it good OR you could put the chicken on top of a bed of rice and top with some fresh, beautiful salsa.
What and where is this beautiful salsa I speak of? You NEED to come over to This Silly Girl’s Life where I’m sharing the recipe for this wonderful Avocado Salsa I used to add some color and and even more flavor to this tasty chicken! Be sure to check it out!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Skewers
Tender pieces of chicken breast marinated in cilantro, lime juice and garlic – then skewered and grilled to perfection.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut up the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces.
- Season them with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, lime juice, honey and red pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture into a ziploc bag and add in the chicken pieces.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces onto skewers and grill over medium heat, turning skewers once until the chicken is no longer pink in the center – about 5 minutes per side
- Serve over a bed of rice and top with your favorite salsa!
- Calories: 2081
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 418
- Fat: 175
- Saturated Fat: 26
- Unsaturated Fat: 142
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Protein: 108
- Cholesterol: 292