Fudge Crumble Bars - Fudge, peanut butter and coconut pecan frosting enveloped by a delicious yellow cake mix crust and crumble topping!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Oh my goodness. This recipe for Fudge Crumble Bars is an oldie but goodie for sure. It combines so many of my favorite things: box cake mix, chocolate, peanut butter and coconut. This is one of those desserts that goes over well at potlucks, church gatherings and family parties. I have to be careful when I make these because I want to eat the WHOLE pan.
The Crust & Filling
The crust is a combination of yellow cake mix, peanut butter, butter and eggs. You don't even need a mixer to make the crust. I literally used my silicone spatula to mix up the ingredients.
The filling is a combination of chocolate chips, milk, butter and coconut pecan frosting. I know the addition of the frosting sounds a bit strange, but just trust me, it's oh so good.
Before the bars go into the oven, some of the leftover crust is sprinkled over the top of the filling and it creates a delicious crumble on top that helps "sandwich" the filling between the crust and the crumble topping.
The Finished Bars
Once cooled, it's a good idea to refrigerate the pan for a little bit before cutting them into squares. They'll just cut cleaner. How did I cool my bars? I just set them outside on the deck in the SNOW (yes, we still have snow in April). Feel free to just place them inside of your fridge for a bit. 😉
Just look at that delicious crumble crust!
And how about that thick, decadent fudge filling?! These bars are rich so even a small square is satisfying.
Yep, I'm pretty much in love with these bars.
I ended up taking most of the bars to a family birthday party to share, but I made sure to set a couple aside for our little family. 😉 It's the right thing to do, you know?
So, what are you waiting for? Gather up the ingredients and MAKE THESE BARS!! This is such a super simple recipe that the entire family will love!
Hungry for More Bars?
Fudge Crumble Bars
For the Bars:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
For the Filling:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar coconut pecan frosting
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, peanut butter, butter and eggs.
- Stir until dough holds together.
- Press ⅔ dough onto bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Reserve remaining dough for topping.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate chips, milk and butter.
- Melt over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in frosting.
- Spread filling over dough in pan.
- Crumble reserved dough over filling.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes. Cool and cut.