Strawberry Cool Whip Salad- A simple summertime dessert made with fresh strawberries and mini marshmallows mixed in with a smooth and sweet fluffy pudding and jello mix.
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
This Strawberry Cool Whip Salad is a must-have for any summer gathering! It’s an updated, light and sweet take on the classic, old-fashioned gelatin salad, and it’s super easy to make.
Every bite is filled with fresh strawberries and a smooth and creamy pudding, which makes it the go-to side dish for summer. It’s the perfect dessert for an outdoor family picnic or barbecue, and everyone who tries it is guaranteed to be impressed!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY COOL WHIP SALAD
Before you get started, make sure you have the following ingredients:
- Cook and serve vanilla pudding
- Strawberry jello
- Cool Whip
- Mini marshmallows
- Fresh strawberries
PREPARING THE STRAWBERRY JELLO AND COOL WHIP FLUFF
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, follow the steps below for a super simple side dish!
- In a saucepan, add vanilla pudding and strawberry jello.
- Add water to the mixture and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Remove from heat. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate until firm (this will take 4-6 hours). When firm, remove from the refrigerator and beat until creamy.
- Add whipped topping, marshmallows, and strawberries.
- Stir until combined, transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!
TIPS FOR MAKING STRAWBERRY JELLO SALAD WITH COOL WHIP
- Stir before serving in order to make sure everything is mixed well and not separated after chilling!
- Make sure to not use instant pudding in this recipe because it will not work in the same way the cook and serve pudding does.
- You can use sugar free jello, but regular jello is recommended for the best taste and flavor.
CAN I USE HOMEMADE WHIPPED TOPPING FOR THIS RECIPE?
Although homemade whipped topping can be used, it won’t be as firm or airy as the Cool Whip. So, I recommend you use Cool Whip for the best results.
CAN I USE FROZEN STRAWBERRIES?
I think fresh strawberries taste the best in this dish, but frozen strawberries can also be used if you’re in a pinch.
As opposed to fresh strawberries, frozen berries can be chunkier and a bit mushy which will probably make the salad more watery. If you decide to use frozen berries, it is recommended to thaw them first.
CAN I MAKE STRAWBERRY COOL WHIP SALAD AHEAD OF TIME?
This dish tastes best when made the night before, but don’t make it too far in advance. I like to serve it within one day of making for the best results!
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO STORE STRAWBERRY FLUFF?
Store leftovers of this fluff salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
MORE DELICIOUS STRAWBERRY RECIPES TO TRY
- Vanilla Pudding Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- Strawberry Shortcake Dip
- Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
- Easy Strawberry Soup
- Strawberry Jello Truffles
Strawberry Cool Whip Salad
A simple summertime dessert made with fresh strawberries and mini marshmallows mixed in with a smooth and sweet fluffy pudding and jello mix.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours, 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 4.6 ounce cook and serve vanilla pudding mix
- 6 ounce strawberry jello mix
- 3 cups water
- 16 ounces whipping topping
- 10 ounes mini marshmallows
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- In a saucepan, add vanilla pudding mix, strawberry jello mix, and water.
- Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate until firm. This will take 4-6 hours.
- When firm, remove from refrigerator and beat until creamy.
- Add whipped topping, marshmallows, and strawberries and stir.