After the news this weekend that Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog, saw his shadow, I needed some comfort. If I need to endure six more weeks of winter and continue my hibernation, I’m going to seek that comfort in the form of food.
These Sweet BBQ Pork Chops definitely hit the spot. They are the moistest, most flavorful chops ever. The best part? All of the ingredients used to make them are very common and can be found in your pantry or refrigerator at any time!
I started out with just a bit of glaze over mine when we sat down to eat, and then ended up pouring the majority of what was left in the pan over the rest of my meat halfway through the meal because I couldn’t get enough. I know, I know. It’s a disgrace, but please don’t hate me because I love food. You’re going to love these, too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- In a small bowl mix together the chopped onion, brown sugar, ketchup, honey and BBQ sauce and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat about a tablespoon of olive oil and brown the chops about 3 minutes per side.
- Pour the glaze from the small bowl over the chops and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, spooning the glaze over the chops every so often. Simmer, covered, for about 5-7 minutes or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.