The weather is FINALLY starting to warm up around here and I couldn’t be more ecstatic! When the spring starts to reveal itself I get this urge to organize, clean and freshen up anything and everything. . .including my pantry.
I had a ton of Oreos. Winter Oreos, Spring Oreos, Heads & Tails Oreos and Mint Oreos. Some of the packages were open, others were not. I needed a home for all of these bits and pieces and these Chocolate Fudge Mint Oreo Bars were the perfect and most delicious solution. Did I mention these bars are a perfect St. Patrick’s Day treat, too?
- I used my food processor to crush the Oreos and make a crunchy Oreo crust.
- Then I spread softened chocolate mint ice cream over the crust.
- I heated some fudge topping in the microwave and swirled it into the ice cream.
- After that, I mixed up some yummy whipped cream and spread that over the ice cream and fudge combo.
- Lastly, I sprinkled chunks of Mint Oreos all over the top and placed it in the freezer.
When you’re ready to dig in, let the bars thaw a bit before cutting. You can see all of the delicious layers and the fudge just swirling around in the ice cream. If you’re not crazy about a crunchy crust you could easily swap it out with a chewy, brownie crust. Yum.
When the bars start to soften further, the fudge starts to ooze out, and all of the layers just start coming together. Even if you’re not a huge mint fan, these bars are oober delicious. I promise.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 48 Oreos, crushed
- 1.5 quarts mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 15.5 ounces hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 6 mint Oreos, crushed
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine the melted butter and the crushed Oreos.
- Once combined, press the Oreo mixture into the greased pan to form the crust.
- Scoop the softened ice cream out on top of the Oreo crust layer and spread evenly.
- Heat the hot fudge in the microwave as directed on the container and swirl into the softened ice cream.
- Place the pan into the freezer to freeze.
- After this layer is frozen, using a hand mixer, combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread this over the top of the ice cream and fudge layer.
- Sprinkle with the crushed Oreos.
- Return pan to freezer until ready to serve.