Berry Cream Torte – A 6-ingredient no-bake cake that comes together with a store-bought pound cake, vanilla whipped cream and fresh berries. Such a light and delicious summer dessert!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Summer is in full swing and that means one thing for sure. . .berry season! This torte is the perfect way to celebrate all those delicious berries.
The cake is light and fluffy, with a creamy whipped vanilla topping and lots of fresh berries. It’s the perfect dessert for the 4th of July or just any summer gathering!
HOW TO MAKE A NO-BAKE BERRY TORTE
To make this gorgeous 6-ingredient torte, you’ll need:
- Prepared pound cake
- Heavy whipping cream
- Blueberries (optional for garnish)
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, follow the simple steps below to make this delicious dessert!
PREPARING THE FILLING
- To begin, cut the pound cake horizontally. Then, cut the center out of each half leaving ½ inch rim around the edge.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipped cream, sugar and vanilla for about 3 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Set aside 1 cup of the whipped cream.
- Next, add raspberries and chopped strawberries to the whipped cream mixture. Mix together.
- Fill the centers of the pound cakes with the berry and cream mixture.
Now, go ahead and place the top of the pound cake on top of the bottom piece.
Use the remaining cream to frost the outside of the pound cake.
And finally, garnish the torte with additional berries. How gorgeous is this?!
CAN I MAKE THIS TORTE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, you can prep this dessert ahead of time. You can go ahead and fill the center of the cake, but do not frost the outside until the day you plan to eat it.
Just wrap the unfrosted cake tightly in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days and then frost and add the berries right before serving.
HOW LONG CAN I STORE THE BERRY TORTE?
The dessert will last for 3-4 days if stored in the refrigerator. Make sure to store it in an airtight container. These storage containers work really well!
CAN I USE FROZEN BERRIES FOR THE TORTE?
Yes! If you don’t have fresh berries on hand, you can definitely use frozen berries instead for mixing in with the whipping cream. Just be sure to thaw them out before using them in the recipe.
For garnishing the top of the cake, fresh berries will still work best!
MORE SUMMER DESSERTS YOU’LL LOVE
- Vanilla Wafer Icebox Cake
- Berry Pretzel Dessert
- No Bake Cherry Torte
- Fruit Pizza
- Strawberry Crumble Ice Cream Cake
- Patriotic Ice Box Cake
Berry Cream Torte
A 6-ingredient no-bake cake that comes together with a store-bought pound cake, vanilla whipped cream and fresh berries. Such a light and delicious summer dessert!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 prepared pound cake
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- Extra strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries for garnish
- Cut pound cake horizontally.
- Cut out the centers of each half, leaving a 1/2-inch rim around the edge. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla for about 3 minutes or until peaks form.
- Set aside 1 cup of mixture for frosting.
- Add raspberries and chopped strawberries to the remaining cream.
- Mix together.
- Fill the centers of the pound cake with the fruit and cream mixture.
- Place the top of the pound cake onto the bottom.
- Using the remaining cream, frost the outside.
- Garnish with additional berries.
Chef Ryan says
This torte is perfect. The flavor is subtle and not too sweet.