Caprese Skewers – A healthy and fresh 4-ingredient appetizer made with cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella pearls, drizzled with a delicious balsamic glaze.
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
New Year’s Eve is right around the corner and we will be welcoming in a new year this weekend! One of my favorite things about NYE are the appetizers! I could probably make a meal just out of them!
Today, I’m sharing one of my favorites! These Caprese Skewers take just minutes to prepare and rely on only 4 ingredients so you don’t have to spend the last hours of this year in the kitchen!
HOW TO MAKE CAPRESE SKEWERS
Before you get started, make sure you have the following ingredients:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella balls
- Basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, follow the steps below for a simple and fresh appetizer!
Thread a cherry tomato on each skewer followed by a basil leaf, a mozzarella ball, a leaf of basil, and another tomato.
Arrange the skewers on a plate and drizzle with them with the balsamic glaze.
TIPS FOR MAKING CAPRESE SKEWERS
- When picking out your cherry tomatoes try to find some that are around the size of the mozzarella pearls so the skewers look balanced.
- You can find balsamic glaze at your local grocery store in the condiment aisle near the vinegars and salad dressings.
- For best results, prepare the skewers the day of!
WHAT IF I CAN’T FIND MOZZARELLA PEARLS?
If you’re having a tough time finding mozzarella pearls, you can slice a ball of fresh mozzarella into small square pieces and it will work just as well!
CAN I MAKE CAPRESE SKEWERS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes! You can go ahed and assemble them and store in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours before serving. If these are stored any longer, the basil may wilt.
Also, hold off drizzling on the balsamic glaze until you’re ready to serve.
Leftover skewers can be stored in an airtight container and last for up to three days. Although the basil will wilt, the skewers will still taste delicious and be safe to eat.
LOOKING FOR OTHER AMAZING APPETIZERS?
A healthy and fresh 4-ingredient appetizer made with cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella pearls, drizzled with a delicious balsamic glaze.
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 16 mozzarella balls or pearls
- 32 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 8 wooden skewers
- Thread a cherry tomato on each skewer followed by a basil leaf, a mozzarella ball, a basil leaf, and another tomato.
- Arrange the skewers on a plate and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
Leave a Comment