Cotton Candy Frosting
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cotton candy
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Food coloring (optional)
- Mix together the sugar and softened butter on low speed, then increase speed until the mixture starts to form peaks.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla and continue to mix until well-blended.
- Add some food coloring to the frosting if you would like.
- Toss in the cotton candy and stir with a spoon just to break the larger pieces of cotton candy up.
- Allow cupcakes to cool, then frost and top with crushed rock candy and extra cotton candy placed on a lollipop stick.
- Cotton candy should not physically touch the frosting or the cupcakes. Use half of a straw or lollipop stick to place a small fluff of cotton candy onto. For this step, I also used gloves, believe it or not. It keeps the cotton candy fluffy and fresh.
- Calories: 3312
- Sugar: 377
- Sodium: 45
- Fat: 198
- Saturated Fat: 126
- Unsaturated Fat: 58
- Trans Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 394
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 527