Cranberry Crumble Bars – Simple crumb bars made with fresh cranberries and a buttery, flaky crust, topped with oatmeal crumble and a sweet white chocolate glaze.
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
We’ve made it to December, and this crazy 2020 rollercoaster ride will soon be coming to an end. I’m fairly certain we’re all looking forward to ringing in a year of new beginnings.
But you know what, let’s not rush it. Let’s try and enjoy this last month of the year and make the most of the holiday season.
Today we’re getting into the festive holiday spirit and making Cranberry Crumble Bars! These dessert bars are made with fresh cranberries and a buttery, flaky crust, topped with oatmeal crumble and a sweet white chocolate glaze.
They’re the perfect addition to a holiday “sweets” platter!
Let’s get baking!
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY CRUMBLE BARS
To make these easy crumble bars, you’ll need:
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh or frozen cranberries
- Orange zest
- Orange juice
- White chocolate
Start by preheating the oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
Grab a mixing bowl and combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
Whisk in the oatmeal.
Use a fork to cut in the cubed butter until the mixture resembles pea-sized crumbles.
Set the bowl aside and in another small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla.
Pour the liquid ingredients over the flour mixture.
Whisk it all together until it resembles wet sand. Don’t forget to reserve 2 cups for the topping!
Press the remaining mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
Next, combine the ingredients for the cranberry filling in a medium mixing bowl.
Spread the mixture evenly over the crust.
Then, evenly sprinkle the remaining topping over cranberries (photo of this step not included).
Bake the bars for 40-50 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to cool, then drizzle melted white chocolate over the top of the bars and serve.
CAN YOU USE FROZEN CRANBERRIES FOR THESE BARS?
Yes, you can use frozen cranberries but I recommend allowing the frozen berries to thaw for a bit before using them to make the filling.
WHAT OTHER FRUITS COULD BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THESE BARS?
There’s a chance not everyone in your family loves cranberries. I get that.
You could always try cherries, raspberries or blueberries!
HOW SHOULD THE CRUMBLE BARS BE STORED?
The bars can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or they can be frozen for up to six months or so.
WHAT SHOULD I TOP CRANBERRY CRUMBLE BARS WITH?
I love the icing drizzle with these bars, but if you really want to “do it up,” grab a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream and plop them on top!
READY FOR MORE DESSERT IDEAS?
- Raspberry Crumble Bars
- No-Bake Cherry Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Berries & Cream Angel Food Cake Dessert
- Pumpkin Crisp
- Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake
- Baked Apple Donuts
- S’mores Bars
- Lemon Lush Dessert
- Easy Cranberry Cake
Cranberry Crumble Bars
Simple crumb bars made with fresh cranberries and a buttery, flaky crust, topped with oatmeal crumble and a sweet white chocolate glaze.
For the Crust and Topping:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For the Cranberry Filling:
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
For the Icing:
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and oatmeal in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, cut in the cubed butter until mixture resembles pea-sized crumbles.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk, and vanilla together.
- Pour liquid ingredients over the flour mixture.
- Whisk together until it resembles wet sand. Reserve 2 cups for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine ingredients for cranberry filling in a medium mixing bowl. Spread evenly over crust.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining topping over cranberries.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow bars to cool.
For the Icing:
Drizzle melted white chocolate over top of bars and serve.