Air Fryer Broccoli Cheese Balls – Fresh chopped broccoli and Colby jack cheese rolled in Panko crumbs, then air fried until crunchy and golden brown. The perfect combination of crispy and creamy in every bite makes them an irresistible snack or appetizer!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
These Air Fryer Broccoli Cheese Balls serve as the perfect dinner appetizer or afternoon snack. They are also a great way to get your vegetables in for the day without actually feeling like you’re eating vegetables! They are the perfect mix of savory and crunchy with an ooey-gooey, cheesy center that’s sure to please the whole family!
If you’re looking for a quick air fryer recipe that’s easy to make and delicious, then this is the one for you! Get ready to fall in love with this delicious recipe!
HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI CHEESE BALLS IN THE AIR FRYER
Before you get started, make sure you have the following ingredients:
- Frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Colby Jack shredded cheese
- Velveeta cheese sauce
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Butter, melted
- Eggs, divided
- Panko crumbs
SHAPING THE BROCCOLI BALLS
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, follow the steps below for a quick and delicious appetizer!
- Chop broccoli florets into ¼-inch pieces. Drain any water off if needed, then place the pieces in a large bowl.
- Add shredded cheese, cheese sauce, red pepper flakes, butter, 1 egg, and ½ cup panko crumbs to broccoli. Mix it all up well.
- Using a scoop, form 2 inch balls and place them on a plate.
- Refrigerate the broccoli and cheese balls for 30 minutes.
DREDGING THE AIR FRYER CHEESE BALLS
Place the flour, remaining egg (lightly beaten), and remaining Panko crumbs in three separate bowls.
- Roll the ball in flour.
- Cover it in the beaten egg.
- Coat it in Panko crumbs.
- Place prepared balls on a plate and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
AIR FRYING THE BROCCOLI AND CHEESE BALLS
TIPS FOR MAKING AIR FRYER BROCCOLI CHEESE BITES
- Use a silicone spatula to lift the broccoli cheese balls gently so that they don’t fall apart
- Make sure the broccoli pieces are cut small enough – ¼-inch pieces are the perfect size!
- Use freshly grated cheese for the best flavor and texture!
CAN YOU USE FROZEN BROCCOLI IN AIR FRYER CHEESE BALLS?
Yes, you can use frozen broccoli, but make sure to thaw and drain it before forming the balls to avoid excess moisture.
WHAT OTHER INGREDIENTS COULD YOU ADD TO AIR FRYER CHEESE BALLS?
If you’re looking to customize your air fryer broccoli cheese balls even further, there are so many delicious possibilities you can try!
For extra spice, try adding hot sauce on top or cayenne pepper powder. You can also use a variety of cheese such as parmesan or mozzarella. Cauliflower, zucchini, or spinach can also be used in place of broccoli.
HOW DO YOU ACHIEVE A CRISPY, GOLDEN CRUST AROUND THE CHEESE BALLS?
You’ll want to ensure that the balls are well-coated with breadcrumbs. Try spraying them lightly with cooking oil to help achieve a crispier texture.
HOW DO YOU STORE LEFTOVER BROCCOLI AND CHEESE BALLS?
Any cheese balls that are leftover, can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days!
To reheat in your air fryer, heat the air fryer to 350°F and cook the broccoli cheese balls for 1-2 minutes per side or until warmed.
CAN YOU FREEZE AIR FRYER BROCCOLI CHEESE BITES?
Yes, you can! To freeze the cheese balls, first flash freeze on a baking sheet in the freezer, and then when frozen, they can be kept in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
MORE AMAZING AIR FRYER APPETIZERS YOU’LL LOVE
- Air Fryer Crab Cakes
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Ravioli Bites
- Soft Pretzels
- Carrot Fries
- Zucchini Fries
- Onion Rings
- Potato Chips
Air Fryer Broccoli Cheese Balls
Fresh chopped broccoli and Colby jack cheese rolled in Panko crumbs, then air fried until crunchy and golden brown. The perfect combination of crispy and creamy in every bite makes them an irresistible snack or appetizer!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Yield: 14 servings 1x
- 12 ounce bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 cups Colby Jack shredded cheese
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese sauce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 ½ cups panko crumbs
- ¼ cup flour
- Chop broccoli florets into ¼-inch pieces. Drain any water off if needed. Place in a large bowl.
- Add shredded cheese, cheese sauce, red pepper flakes, butter, 1 egg, and ½ cup panko crumbs to broccoli. Mix well.
- Using a scoop, form 2 inch balls and place them on a plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Put flour, remaining egg (lightly beaten), and remaining panko crumbs in three separate bowls.
- Roll ball in flour, then cover it in beaten egg, and finally, coat it in panko crumbs.
- Place prepared balls on a plate and refrigerate again for 30 minutes.
- Place balls into your greased air fryer basket and air fry at 390ºF for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.