Caramel Fudge Mug Cake – A moist, fudgy chocolate cake filled with caramel, made in the microwave in 90 seconds!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Sometimes I get a craving for something sweet and chocolatey but I don’t feel like taking the time to fire up the oven to bake anything, and the cookies in the cupboard just won’t do.
This amazing Caramel Fudge Mug Cake is a perfect late night sweet tooth fix or a delicious after dinner dessert that will be a favorite for the whole family!
HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL FUDGE MUG CAKE
To make this simple and delicious mug cake, you’ll need:
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Caramel candies
When you have your ingredients together, grab a bowl and a mug and let’s get going! Make sure you use a mug that’s at least 12 ounces!
Begin by mixing the flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, salt and cocoa powder in a bowl.
Pour half of the batter into a greased mug.
Sprinkle one tablespoon of chocolate chips on top of the batter.
Pour the remaining batter into the mug and push the caramel candies into the center of the batter.
Place the mug into the microwave and cook on high for 90 seconds. If the cake is still a little gooey, cook in 10-second intervals until cooked through.
Don’t you just want to dig right in?
Go ahead and top the mug cake with some vanilla ice cream if you really want a decadent treat!
Annnnd. . .add some caramel topping if you’re really feeling it.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER MUG CAKE
If you have leftover caramel fudge mug cake (does this really happen?), you can either wrap the top of your mug with saran wrap and then place it in the fridge or you can take the leftover cake out of the mug and place it in an airtight container to place in the fridge.
You can keep it in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
READY TO TRY MORE MICROWAVE DESSERT RECIPES?
- Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Easy Chocolate Mug Cake
- Vanilla Mug Cake
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Mug Cake
- Ultimate Brownie in a Mug
- M&M Microwave Cookie
Caramel Fudge Mug Cake
A moist, fudgy chocolate cake filled with caramel, made in the microwave in 90 seconds!
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 4 unwrapped caramel candies
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, salt and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Pour half of batter into greased mug (I used a 12-ounce mug).
- Top with 1 tablespoon chocolate chips.
- Pour remaining batter into mug.
- Push caramels into the center of the batter.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- If it’s still a little gooey, cook in 10-second intervals until cooked through.