Copycat Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake
Layers of chocolate and vanilla ice cream, fudge and Oreo cookie crunchies covered in whipped cream frosting. Tastes just like the DQ cakes we all have grown to love!
- 1 1/2 quarts chocolate ice cream
Cookie Crunch Layer:
- 10 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream
Whipped Cream Frosting:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkles of your choice
For the Cookie Crunch Layer:
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Combine crushed Oreo cookies and melted butter in a bowl.
- Spread the combination on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Break apart any large chunks. Set aside.
- Line an 8×3-inch round cake pan with plastic wrap.
- Be sure that the bottom and sides are covered.
- Allow chocolate ice cream to thaw for 20 minutes.
- Spoon chocolate ice cream into prepared pan and spread it evenly over the crust.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
For the Fudge Layer:
- In a medium mixing bowl, put chocolate chips, light corn syrup, and vanilla.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy whipping cream until it begins to simmer.
- Pour hot heavy whipping cream over chocolate chips.
- Allow to sit for 3 minutes and then whisk together until smooth.
- Pour over chocolate ice cream layer.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle Oreo crumbs over top of fudge.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Allow vanilla ice cream to thaw for 20 minutes.
- Then spread in an even layer over top of Oreo crumbs.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Grabbing the ends of the plastic wrap, lift the cake out of the pan and place it on a serving plate.
For the Whipped Cream Frosting:
- Put heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat on HIGH until it forms firm peaks.
- Frost the cake entirely and decorate with sprinkles.
- Freeze cake until ready to serve.