Mint Chocolate Lush Dessert – A chewy brownie crust layered with creamy chocolate pudding, minty cream cheese and fluffy whipped cream.
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
St. Patrick’s Day is quickly approaching so, today, I’m sharing the recipe for Mint Chocolate Lush. This delicious mint chocolate layered dessert combines the soft, chewy goodness of a brownie, and the thick, creaminess of pudding, topped off with fluffy whipped cream.
What makes this chocolate dessert complete and perfect for St. Paddy’s Day and even Christmas, is the mint flavoring. This dessert is sure to be a favorite for the whole family!
HOW TO MAKE MINT CHOCOLATE LUSH DESSERT
To make this decadent layered dessert, you’ll need:
- Boxed brownie mix(with ingredients to prepare them)
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Peppermint extract
- Whipped topping
- Andes Mint baking chips
- Green food coloring
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
Do you have all of your ingredients ready to go? If so, let’s start making our first layer of this amazing dessert!
Make and bake your brownies, following the instructions on the box, and allow them to cool.
Now, let’s make the second layer.
PREPARING THE SECOND LAYER
- Beat together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar. You will want to beat the two together for 3 minutes, until the cream cheese is fluffy.
- Add the Andes Mints baking chips to the bowl (reserve some for the top of the dessert if you’d like!)
- Add 2 cups of whipped topping and fold it into the cream cheese mixture. I like to use a rubber spatula for this part as it makes combining the two together easier.
- Add in the peppermint extract and mix well.
Now, spread the green cream cheese mixture over the top of the cooled brownies.
Make sure the brownies are completely cooled or the cream cheese mixture will become runny.
FINISHING THE LAYERS
- Whisk together the pudding and the milk. You can use a whisk or an electric mixer for this part. Make sure that the pudding is thickened before moving onto the next step.
- Transfer the pudding mixture to the pan by spreading it out evenly over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Take the remaining whipped cream topping and spread it over the pudding layer.
- Add the remaining Andes mint baking chips on top of dessert for garnish.
Place the dessert in the fridge and allow it to chill for at least 4 hours before serving. This will help with cutting the dessert and keeping the layers in tact.
CAN I USE HOMEMADE BROWNIE MIX?
Yes! You can! Feel free to use your favorite homemade brownie mix in place of the box mix. Or you can use your favorite box mix instead of the plain brownie mix. Love the double fudge brownie mix? Use that one!
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A HAND MIXER?
You can use a whisk or a fork for the mixing part of this dessert. A hand held mixer will make it easier and quicker, but you can totally use a whisk or fork instead.
HOW LONG DO I NEED TO CHILL MINT LUSH DESSERT?
It needs to sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours. This gives the layers time to firm up and will help with cutting.
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO SERVE THE DESSERT?
First and foremost, make sure to allow the lush to firm up in the fridge for the recommended time. Then you can use a slightly warm knife to cut through the layers. Wipe off the knife after each cut to keep the layers crisp.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
To store your leftover layered mint chocolate dessert, you can cut it into individual pieces and place it in an airtight container to put in the fridge.
If the brownie pan you used has an airtight lid, you can keep the dessert right in the pan. It will keep in the fridge for up to a week. The layers may meld a bit, but it will still taste just as delicious.
So, what are you waiting for? Lush desserts are one of my favorite desserts to make and to eat. Because you can make them ahead of time, they’re perfect for dinner parties and holiday gatherings.
Make sure to share this amazing Mint Chocolate Lush Dessert with your friends and family!
LOOKING FOR OTHER MINT CHOCOLATE DESSERTS?
- Chocolate Fudge Mint Oreo Bars
- Chocolate Fudge Mint Cookies
- Mint Oreo Pudding Shots
- Grasshopper Ice Cream Drink
- Easy Grasshopper Pie
Mint Chocolate Lush Dessert
A chewy brownie crust layered with creamy chocolate pudding, minty cream cheese and fluffy whipped cream.
- 1 boxed brownie mix (must fill a 9x13 pan) with ingredients to prepare brownies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 ounce tub whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 10 ounces Andes Mint baking chips
- Green food coloring
- 2 (3.9 ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- Prepare the brownies according to the package directions. Allow to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cup Andes Mint baking chips.
- Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping.
- Add in the peppermint extract. Mix well.
- Spread mixture over brownie layer.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk pudding and milk together until thickened.
- Pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over top of chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle remaining Andes Mint baking chips on top.
- Chill for 4 hours prior to serving.