Mug Omelet – A veggie-filled omelet made in minutes right in the microwave!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
The kiddos are back to school and mornings have become a bit more hectic again. If you’re looking for a quick, simple and delicious breakfast, you are going to want to try this mug omelet!
This easy omelet is made in a coffee mug, loaded with all of your favorite veggies and made in under 5 minutes!
HOW TO MAKE A MUG OMELET
To make an omelet in a mug you will need:
- Half and Half
- Bell peppers
- Shredded cheese
- Green onions
- Salt and pepper
Start by greasing a coffee mug. You can use oil, cooking spray or butter. Just make sure it’s greased well so that your omelet doesn’t stick.
Once your mug is greased, add in the eggs.
Then add in the Half and Half.
Add diced onion, chopped ham, diced red and green peppers, half of the shredded cheese and the salt and pepper. Whisk your eggs using a fork or mini whisk until everything is combined.
Place your uncooked mug omelet in the microwave and cook for approximately 2 ½ to 3 minutes (depending on the wattage of your microwave).
Make sure your eggs are cooked through before removing.
Top the cooked omelet with the remaining cheese and the sliced green onions. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
HOW LARGE OF MUG SHOULD I USE FOR THE OMELET?
You will need at least a 12 ounce coffee mug for this recipe, especially if you plan on using 3 eggs.
An 8 ounce mug may work for just 2 eggs, but you will need to size up if you want a larger omelet.
CAN I USE BACON INSTEAD OF HAM?
Yes! You can substitute bacon or even sausage for the ham but it should be fully cooked before adding it to the egg mixture.
WHAT OTHER INGREDIENTS CAN I ADD TO THE OMELET?
This omelet is super versatile and you can customize it with your favorite omelet toppings.
Spinach or mushrooms would be a great addition. You can switch out the cheddar cheese to Swiss or mozzarella too. The options really are endless.
HOW DO I STORE LEFTOVERS?
The great thing about this mug omelet is that you can store your leftovers right in the mug!
Place a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the mug and put it in the fridge. The omelet will be good for 1-2 days.
INTERESTED IN MORE AMAZING MUG RECIPES?
- Vanilla Mug Cake
- Cinnamon Sugar Mug Doughnut
- Chocolate Mug Cake
- Microwave Mug Pancake
- Ultimate Brownie in a Mug
- Caramel Fudge Mug Cake
A veggie-filled omelet made in minutes right in the microwave!
- 2 – 3 eggs (use 3 eggs for a mug 12 ounces or larger)
- 2 tablespoons Half and Half
- 1 tablespoon onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ham (fully cooked), diced
- 1 tablespoon green peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon red bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a greased mug, whisk together eggs, Half and Half, onions, ham, green peppers, red peppers, 1 tablespoon shredded cheese, salt and pepper.
- Microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Garnish with remaining shredded cheese and green onions.