Pistachio Quick Bread – Super moist and topped with a sweet vanilla glaze, this pistachio bread made with cake mix and pudding mix, is quick and easy and can be enjoyed in the morning or after dinner as a delicious dessert!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
This quick and delicious pistachio bread tastes delightful and is an amazing festive dessert for St. Patrick’s day, or anytime throughout the year.
It’s super easy to freeze or make ahead of time and perfect for those busy weeks when you want something simple and sweet for either breakfast or dessert!
The combination of cake mix and pistachio pudding topped with a sweet vanilla glaze is just incredible! This recipe is guaranteed to be a family favorite, so dig in and enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE PISTACHIO BREAD
To make this pistachio bread recipe, grab the following ingredients:
- Box yellow cake mix
- Pistachio instant pudding mix
- Vegetable oil
- Sour cream
- Powdered sugar
- Melted butter
- Almond extract
- Vanilla extract
Once you’ve gathered all your ingredients, preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare a bread pan by spraying it with cooking spray.
Set the pan aside and then follow the steps below for this quick and easy pistachio bread recipe!
- Beat all bread ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until the batter is smooth and uniform.
- Transfer batter to the prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 65 minutes or until the center is set and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow bread to cool.
- Prepare glaze by beating powdered sugar, melted butter, almond extract, and vanilla together in a medium mixing bowl. Add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until the glaze reaches your preferred consistency. Drizzle the glaze over bread, slice, and serve.
PISTACHIO LOAF TIPS
- For those who really love pistachios, consider adding extra chopped pistachios into the batter and on top of the bread!
- For an even more vibrant green bread, try adding a few drops of green food coloring!
- This pistachio bread is a great gift for family, friends, and teachers, especially when made into mini loaves and wrapped with some decorative bows!
- To make sure the bread is fully baked, poke the bread with a toothpick and make sure there’s no batter residue.
- If you don’t have sour cream, greek yogurt can be used in place of it in this recipe.
CAN THIS BREAD BE MADE WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF NUTS?
Feel free to use the nut of your choice in this bread. Some other great options are cashews, almonds, or walnuts.
HOW DO YOU STORE PISTACHIO BREAD?
Pistachio bread can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to around 5 days, and at room temperature for up to around 3 days.
CAN YOU FREEZE PISTACHIO QUICK BREAD?
Yes, this recipe can be wrapped in plastic wrap, aluminum foil and in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months. Let thaw overnight when ready to eat and glaze right before serving!
MORE BREAD RECIPES YOU’RE GOING TO LOVE
- Air Fryer Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Streusel Topping
- Apple Cinnamon Fritter Bread
- Peanut Butter Bread
Pistachio Quick Bread
Super moist and topped with a sweet vanilla glaze, this pistachio bread made with cake mix and pudding mix, is quick and easy and can be enjoyed in the morning or after dinner as a delicious dessert!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
For the Bread:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 – 3.4 oz boxes pistachio instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sour cream
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Prepare loaf pan by spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Beat all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until batter is smooth and uniform.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 65 minutes or until center is set and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow bread to cool.
- Prepare glaze by beating powdered sugar, melted butter, almond extract, and vanilla together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until glaze reaches your preferred consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over bread. Slice and serve.
Leave a Comment