Pumpkin Bread With Cinnamon Streusel Topping – Moist pumpkin bread with a crunchy cinnamon sugar streusel topping. It’s a classic fall favorite!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Do you enjoy the taste of freshly baked sweet bread in the fall? Two of my favorites are Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and this Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Streusel Topping.
It’s easy to make and super delicious, whether you slice it up for breakfast or eat as a dessert, topped with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. No matter how or when you decide to enjoy it, I know you’re going to savor every bite!
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN BREAD
To make this streusel-topped pumpkin bread, you’ll need:
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Vegetable oil
- Canned pumpkin
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Brown sugar
- Cream cheese
To begin preparation for making the bread, set your oven to 350º Fahrenheit, grease your loaf pan and set it aside.
Grab a mixing bowl and combine your flour with baking powder and baking soda. Make sure to mix it thoroughly. You can use a flour sifter, if you have one on hand.
Grab a medium-sized pot, place it on the stove, and add oil to it before heating the oil on medium heat.
- Put a medium-sized pan over medium heat and add oil. When oil is heated, add pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice. Be sure to continuously stir for about 6 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat, add your sugar, cream cheese, and brown sugar, stirring until smooth. You want to cook it until it is smooth and free from any lumps. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Grab another small bowl and whisk your milk and eggs together. Add the milk and eggs with the cooled pumpkin mixture.
- Next, add the flour mixture and stir until you’ve combined everything.
Pour the batter in a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan and then bake for 30-35 minutes.
Add the streusel topping after the bread has been in the oven for 15 minutes.
When the bread is ready, the streusel will turn a beautiful golden brown.
Just look at this crunchy streusel topping?!
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO GREASE A LOAF PAN?
You can grease your pan with softened butter or cooking spray. Be sure to grease it well so that the bread doesn’t stick to the pan after baking.
CAN I USE PUMPKIN PIE FILLING?
I wouldn’t suggest using pumpkin pie filling for this pumpkin bread. Pumpkin pie filling has added spices and sugars and you wouldn’t want to mix with the other ingredients in this recipe.
Use canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER BREAD
Place a piece of plastic wrap over the bread and then place it in a storage container. It can be kept at room temperature for up to 4 days. Stick it in the fridge if you’d like to keep it longer.
CAN I FREEZE PUMPKIN BREAD?
Yes, you can freeze the bread if you’d like to enjoy it later. Be sure to wrap it in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe food storage bag. You can freeze the whole loaf or you can slice it and then wrap the individual slices before freezing.
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES TO TRY
We love pumpkin season at our house! Some of our other favorite pumpkin recipes are:
Pumpkin Bread With Cinnamon Streusel Topping
Moist pumpkin bread with a crunchy cinnamon sugar streusel topping. It’s a classic fall favorite!
For the Bread:
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 cup milk
For the Topping:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Set aside.
- Put a medium-sized pan over medium heat and add oil.
- When oil is heated, add pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice.
- Be sure to continuously stir for about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add sugar, brown sugar and cream cheese.
- Stir until mixture is smooth. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the milk and eggs.
- Add to the pumpkin mixture.
- Add flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, adding the topping after 15 minutes.
- To prepare topping, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. (I used my hands and it worked well).
- Bread is done with a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for 20 minutes before serving.