Air Fryer Steak – Ribeye steaks immersed in a three-ingredient marinade, air fried to perfection and topped with flavorful homemade garlic herb butter.
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
It’s Friday! We made it! I hope you’re planning a relaxing weekend with family to celebrate the dad(s) in your life. Today is the day we move into our new lake home up north, so while our weekend may not be very relaxing, it sure is an exciting one. We’ve waited for this day to come for years and years.
You don’t even realize how much daydreaming I’ve done, imagining us enjoying our new home with family and friends. I can’t wait to begin making memories.
So, while we’re hauling kitchen tables and mattresses around, I thought many of you may be cooking for the special men in your life.
I don’t know about your family, but in mine, my husband, my dad and my father-in-law are big steak fans!
So, with it being Father’s Day weekend, I thought it was a great time to share some instructions on how to make steak in your air fryer.
For those of you planning to give the special man in your life a day away from the grill, here’s an awesome option that produces steaks similar to what you’re used to on the grill.
HOW TO MAKE STEAK IN THE AIR FRYER:
To make flavorful steak in the air fryer, you’ll need:
- Ribeye steaks
- Olive oil
- Less-sodium soy sauce
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Ingredients for garlic herb butter (optional)
This delicious steak begins by whipping up a marinade. All you need are three ingredients: olive oil, soy sauce, and Montreal Steak Seasoning.
Combine all of the ingredients in a ziplock bag and add the steaks.
You’ll want to marinate the steak for AT LEAST 30 minutes. I usually marinate for at least two hours – sometimes overnight.
You probably don’t want to let it go any longer than that, however, because the acidity in the marinade will begin to break down the proteins in the meat, causing the outer layer of the meat to taste a bit “mushy” rather than tender.
When the meat is ready to go, place the steak in your air fryer basket.
Now here’s where you may need to adjust air fry cook time. It just all depends how you like your steak done.
The instructions provided in the recipe produce medium-cooked steak. Increasing or decreasing the cook time in two-minute intervals are good guidelines.
Here’s some quick guidance on timing to produce steaks done to your liking:
- Medium Rare – Air fry at 400º Fahrenheit for 10 minutes (flipping halfway through)
- Medium – Air fry at 400º Fahrenheit for 12 minutes (flipping halfway through)
- Medium Well- Air fry at 400º Fahrenheit for 14 minutes (flipping halfway through)
Your best bet is to use an instant-read thermometer to check the temperature during the final minutes of cook time.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN THE STEAK IS DONE?
Again, it all depends on the thickness of your steaks and your personal preference. Just remember to check the temperature while the steaks are cooking to avoid over-doneness.
Here are the temperature guidelines provided by the USDA:
Rare – 125º F (cool red center)
Medium Rare – 135º F (warm, red center)
Medium – 145º F (warm pink center)
Medium-Well – 150º F (slightly pink center)
Well Done – 160º F (little or no pink)
Make sure to allow the steak to rest before you plop on the garlic butter and cut into it.
WHY SHOULD YOU ALLOW STEAK TO REST?
Allowing the steak to rest, gives the juices time to redistribute, making the steak tender and juicy throughout. If you cut steak immediately, all of the juices will just flow out, leaving you with a dry cut of meat.
WHAT CUT OF STEAK IS BEST FOR MARINATING?
My favorite are ribeyes, like used in this recipe, but New York strip, flank, skirt or sirloin steak are also good options!
LOOKING FOR SOME SIDES THAT GO GREAT WITH STEAK?
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Dorito Taco Salad
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Ritz Cracker Macaroni and Cheese
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR AIR FRYER FACEBOOK GROUP!
To become part of our Air Fryer Easy Recipes community on Facebook, you can request to join here.
Air Fryer Steak
Ribeye steaks immersed in a three-ingredient marinade, air fried to perfection and topped with flavorful homemade garlic herb butter.
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 large ribeye steaks, 1 1/2- inches thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Combine olive oil, soy sauce, and seasoning in a ziplock bag.
- Put steaks in bag, covering all sides with the marinade.
- Allow to marinate for 2 hours.
- Set air fryer to 400º Fahrenheit for 5 minutes and allow the air fryer to preheat.
- Place steaks in air fryer basket and air fry at 400ºF for 12 minutes (flip halfway through).
- Check temperature of meat. If it’s not yet to your liking, continue to air fry in one-minute intervals.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before topping with garlic butter and serving.
Leave a Comment