Christmas Tree Brownies – Homemade chocolate brownies shaped and decorated like Christmas trees. Make your holiday tray more festive with these adorable treats!
This post may include affiliate links. Please see my disclosure.
Brownies are so versatile and perfect for any time of year, but with a little creativity, you can totally transform them into a holiday delight!
Made from scratch, these Christmas Tree Brownies are fudgy, gooey, and super chocolatey. Sliced into triangles, frosted with streaks of green icing, and bedazzled with Christmas sprinkles, you can easily make the cutest Christmas tree brownies. Everyone will adore these cute little brownie trees.
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS TREE BROWNIES
To make these holiday brownies, you’ll need:
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Green food coloring
- Christmas sprinkles
Once you have your ingredients gathered, preheat your oven to 350℉. Then, spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set it to the side.
Now, let’s start mixing up the brownies!
PREPARING THE BROWNIE BATTER
- Melt 1 cup of butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla into the melted butter.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Whisk until smooth.
Transfer the brownie batter to the baking pan.
Place your brownie batter into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Make sure to not over bake!
CUTTING THE BROWNIES INTO TREES
- Allow the brownies to cool completely once you’ve removed them from the oven.
- Cut the brownies into 4 rows.
- Create 5 triangles in each row (you will have a half-triangle remaining on each end of every row).
- Your brownie trees are ready to decorate!
PREPARING THE FROSTING
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar together in a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of milk and the vanilla. Beat well.
- Add drops of green food coloring until it reaches the desired green color you want.
- Mix until well combined.
DECORATING THE BROWNIES
- Transfer the frosting to a piping or plastic storage bag. Starting at the top of the tree, gently squeeze the green frosting in a curvy zigzag as you go down the triangle.
- Next, add the Christmas sprinkles to each tree before the icing hardens, so it looks like a decorated Christmas tree.
- Add a candy star to the top of your tree.
- Repeat with all triangle brownies.
HOW DO I ADJUST THE THICKNESS OF THE FROSTING?
The frosting is super easy to adjust to your desired consistency. If you find the frosting is a little too thin, add small amounts of powdered sugar until it reaches the thickness you want.
On the other hand, if the frosting seems too thick, add small amounts of milk until it is thins.
CAN I USE BOXED BROWNIE MIX?
I think that homemade brownies come out so much better than the boxed version, but you can absolutely use a box of brownie mix, instead.
Once baked, just cut your brownies, add the frosting and bedazzle them with sprinkles. Yep, I said “bedazzle.”😉
HOW TO STORE CHRISTMAS TREE BROWNIES?
You can store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature. Or, you can place them in storage bags or containers. Brownies are best if eaten within 1-2 days.
READY FOR MORE DELICIOUS CHRISTMAS TREATS?
- Christmas Sugar Cookie Cake Bars
- Christmas Peanut Butter Balls
- Christmas Trifle Dessert
- Cranberry Crumble Bars
- Chocolate Kiss Snowball Cookies
- Crockpot Peanut Clusters
- M&M Cookie Dough Fudge
- Christmas Crunch Snack
- Mint Chocolate Lush Dessert
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Clusters
Christmas Tree Brownies
Homemade chocolate brownies shaped and decorated like Christmas trees. Make your holiday tray more festive with these adorable treats!
- Yield: 20 1x
For the Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Frosting
For the Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Transfer batter to your prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Cut the brownies into 4 rows. Create 5 triangles in each row. You will have a half-triangle remaining on each end of every row.
For the Frosting
- To prepare frosting, in a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar together.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- If it is too thick, add more milk. If it is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Add food coloring until you reach your desired color.
- Transfer frosting to a large ziplock bag and pipe frosting onto each brownie.
- Add sprinkles to each brownie before frosting has a chance to harden.